• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    While no longer a subject of the People's Republik, I still return on a regular basis to shoot at MD gun ranges with friends.
    I just picked up a Sig P365 and was going to take it into MD to shoot with a friend when I recalled seeing something on MDS that stated the P365 is not on the firearm roster yet. If that is accurate, is it legal to bring my legally purchased P365 into Maryland for the sole purpose of shooting it at a range?
    Obviously this is not a critical issue since even if the gun is not on the roster, it probably soon will be, but thought I would ask the forum gurus.

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    While no longer a subject of the People's Republik, I still return on a regular basis to shoot at MD gun ranges with friends.
    I just picked up a Sig P365 and was going to take it into MD to shoot with a friend when I recalled seeing something on MDS that stated the P365 is not on the firearm roster yet. If that is accurate, is it legal to bring my legally purchased P365 into Maryland for the sole purpose of shooting it at a range?
    Obviously this is not a critical issue since even if the gun is not on the roster, it probably soon will be, but thought I would ask the forum gurus.

it will be on the roster Monday

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    * Presuming otherwise in compliance with transport laws, etc * ; you would be fine .

Its not Banned , not being in Handgun Roster only relates to purchasing , not use or possession.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The Roster has absolutely nothing to do with possession.

It is only about sale of the new, unfired gun.

Handgun has to be on the Roster to be sold new.

It doesn't even effect sale of a used gun.

It also only applies to guns made after (1986?).

Sheesh, the BGOS is DEEP today!

Of COURSE you can bring it into Maryland.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I would not have even considered the roster had anything to do with an out of state owner, but then, I'm ignorant in this regard.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore

I’d been better off just staying out of it. Well, I done learnt stuff today.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    It had nothing to do with an IN STATE owner either.

It only effects SALE of NEW GUNS.

This implies that the handgun roster does not apply to used guns, is this true? Sounds too good to be true that I could buy a used gun on gunbroker that isn’t on the roster and have it transferred through a local gun shop.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    it will be on the roster Monday

So moot issue day after tomorrow. Thanks for the info. Now if MD could just manage to do something about its concealed carry abomination, I wouldn't have to take it out my holster, unload it, and put it in a closed case to bring it into the People's Republik. I truly feel so bad and angry for you folks.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Not true any handgun made after Dec 31, 1985, to be sold or transferred, must be on the Roster. New or used.

A transfer of a used handgun is considered a sale because a 77r is executed. I have purchased 4 3rd Gen S&W autos. All had to be on the Roster.

Attachments

• 5-404.jpg
      5-404.jpg
      52.5 KB · Views: 271
    Last edited:

Kevnev

May 12, 2018
    Not true any handgun made after Dec 31, 1985, to be sold or transferred, must be on the Roster. New or used.

A transfer of a used handgun is considered a sale because a 77r is executed. I have purchased 43 3rd Gen S&W autos. All had to be on the Roster.

This definitely makes more sense.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

A transfer of a used handgun is considered a sale because a 77r is executed. I have purchased 4 3rd Gen S&W autos. All had to be on the Roster.

That’s my understanding. If you want to sell, purchase or transfer it, it must be on the roster. Unless it is pre-1986.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Fair enough.

However there is one of these stupid laws that only applies to new guns and does not apply to used ones. If it isn't about the Roster nonsense, then I can't imagine what it is. Can anyone think of such a law? It has nothing to do with C&R.

Anyway, the real point is that the Roster only applies to sale or other transfer, and has nothing to do with possession or use.

Of course the OP can bring his non-Roster guns to Maryland.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Fair enough.

However there is one of these stupid laws that only applies to new guns and does not apply to used ones. If it isn't about the Roster nonsense, then I can't imagine what it is. Can anyone think of such a law? It has nothing to do with C&R.

Anyway, the real point is that the Roster only applies to sale or other transfer, and has nothing to do with possession or use.

That is the fired case law. As is known, after the effective date, I don’t recall the date, all new handguns for sale in Maryland must be accompanied by a case fired from the handgun. If it is a used handgun produced after the effective date being brought into Maryland , then only a letter attesting to its used status is necessary.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Fair enough.

Maybe the stupid bore lock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom