• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    My HQL came in the mail yesterday. Can't move for several decades and I don't see the law being repealed. Sometimes I see a deal on a handgun I just can't pass up and want to be able to purchase if I desire.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    No HQL for me.

I'm currently adding to my C/R and long gun collection.

ke3gk

HAM from U.N.C.L.E.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    Nyet - Nee - Aniyo

Hell No

Those who say they are doing this to 'support our local gun dealers' roll their boogers in little balls.

Now if they are honest and say 'I just want to buy more guns, I don't have enough' - I can understand that.

As for me, my shotgun, .22, 5mm pin fire, slingshot and blowgun is plenty.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    I would respectfully suggest sir that there is another and far more incidious longer term purpose to the new law:

The new law is designed to facilitate a gradually increasing tacit acceptance within the populace at large of an orchestrated shift away from the guaranteed individual rights and freedoms enumerated in the U.S. Constitution.

The reason why? The Constitution as written is a document that many who govern purport to defend and embrace, but in fact despise. In their world view, the document of our founders that is the U.S. Constitution is the only obstacle that stands between their desire for governmental pre-eminance over individually enumerated individual rights.

With each new HQL applicant, these people march one step closer toward an ultimately desired and unspoken "new normal" reality of tacit (if initially grudgingly extended) acceptance of infringement by the governed. The end game here is that there will come in time a generation.....that questions nothing and knows and understands nothing else.

To each man his choice and his conscience. But I respectfully suggest that you contemplete your decisions and your choices very carefully my friends.

Don't underestimate these people. They're a damned formidible enemy.

:thumbsup: The HQL is intended for registration, rather than safety purposes ... or more precisely, for registration and eventual confiscation purposes, following planned future bans.

OP, Nope.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I'll be the odd man out. I have my HQL. I am not happy about it but I am not going to bite off my nose to spite my face. I will not be in the position to move out of the state for many years. There are many handguns that I still want. If I don't get them, O'Malley wins.

I don't have mine yet but I will eventually because I agree with Mooseman's logic. Everything he states also applies to myself and my wife.

I am hopeful that someday this crap law will be repealed but I'm not holding my breath. Too much time and money has been invested by the state at this point. Although I know a few people in the MSP that said that they even wished it would go away.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I don't. We bought a lot of stuff before the law went into effect. Neither of us are working now and will just retire soon, so we won't be buying anything but ammo from now on, most likely. I've had my fingerprints in the system since college, working for the post office during the Christmas push, so it's not that. Just no need. I guess, since I just got my NRA instructors certification in a couple disciplines, that it would be a simple thing.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I already have plenty. Since the state will not allow me to exercise my constitutional rights and purchase any more of those evil handguns without an HQL, I'm thinking class III.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    No.

No sense in jumping over hurdles and forking over $50 when I don't actually have the money to go handgun shopping!

But eventually, if I stay in Maryland, yes. For a few reasons:

-You already "voluntarily registered" your regulated firearms. They've got you already, regardless of whether you have an HQL or not.

-They could "close the loophole" by amending SB281 to prohibit handgun ownership without an HQL. It could happen - look at CT, CA, NY, and elsewhere where they've tightened up laws to make law-abiding gun owners into felons overnight. If that happens, I don't want to be part of the mad scramble that overwhelms the MSP.

-The law probably isn't going to be repealed. Sorry. I give it odds of about 1 in 10... and I'm trying to be an optimist. Because in my gut, I think the odds are more like 1 in 1000.

-Because I like guns and want more.

-Because I think that the fee will go up soon. We're half a billion dollars in the hole this year even before the Legislature starts working on a budget and the MD Legislature is no friend of gun owners. They did the same things with alcohol and tobacco already and patted themselves on the back. We're next.

zich6

Apr 10, 2012
    Germantown
    Not now, not ever.

We bought some land in the Idaho Pandandle this fall. We're building in the Spring and will be moving as soon as my wife can retire.

FoxFirearms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY OF YOU WON'T GET YOUR HQL !!!!! You are doing EXACTLY what the politicians wanted. They imposed a registration, small fee, and a little inconvenience, and now you won't buy handguns any more in MD - GOOD JOB OMALLEY - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

If you REALLY want to stick it to the politicians, get your HQL and buy twice as many handguns as you would have each year. We need to send a message that NOTHING they do is going to deter us from buying guns, and the more restrictions they impose, the more we're going to buy.

We should be more concerned with getting the ban lifted. Refusing to allow us to purchase certain types of firearms is appalling. Personally, I have no problem registering firearms. Even if they made the law so that someone could only purchase 3 or 4 per year from a 'restricted firearms' list, would be acceptable. However, if I'm a collector (not a MD designated collector...just someone who collects guns), I should be able to add ANY available firearm to my collection.

Don't quit buying handguns just to spite the politicians...it's EXACTLY what they want.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I don't have one. Not to say I won't get one, but I don't feel like spending time and money on something that should be totally free.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    No, but only because I'm still paying off the previous purchases and accumulating parts for my first AR-15 assembly. There's more stuff I want to buy; I'm just waiting.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY OF YOU WON'T GET YOUR HQL !!!!! You are doing EXACTLY what the politicians wanted. They imposed a registration, small fee, and a little inconvenience, and now you won't buy handguns any more in MD - GOOD JOB OMALLEY - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

If you REALLY want to stick it to the politicians, get your HQL and buy twice as many handguns as you would have each year. We need to send a message that NOTHING they do is going to deter us from buying guns, and the more restrictions they impose, the more we're going to buy.

We should be more concerned with getting the ban lifted. Refusing to allow us to purchase certain types of firearms is appalling. Personally, I have no problem registering firearms. Even if they made the law so that someone could only purchase 3 or 4 per year from a 'restricted firearms' list, would be acceptable. However, if I'm a collector (not a MD designated collector...just someone who collects guns), I should be able to add ANY available firearm to my collection.

Don't quit buying handguns just to spite the politicians...it's EXACTLY what they want.

yea but to renewal every 3 years is bs oh sorry wait.......the whole thing is bs...and like many others,I won't feed in PERIOD.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    It's ten years.

They will fix that during the 2014 legislative session.

It will go to once a year, will involve a much more cumbersome process and will cost $500

Welcome to the soviet state of md.

You have a choice......you could leave and actually negatively impact the dem machine while moving to a state where your vote actually counted........

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom