• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsm7977

Nov 2, 2013
    Not sure if you remember me and the post I took down a month ago regarding me getting 2 misdemeanor handgun charges and what I should do. I was told by everyone to take post down and I was screwed. UPDATE- Im not screwed. I wont release the details of everything but I will say I currently have no charges against me, I wasn't found guilty NOR did I receive a pbj and I retained my gun rights. Only kicker...had to forfeit the weapon. Small price to pay and very thankful for everyone involved. It pays to hire the best attorney in MD.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    that can't be..... Internet people said so!

just kidding, congratulations on keeping your rights, and make smarter choices in the future!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I too am wondering who Maryland's best attorney is.

They refer you to community service and put the matter on the STET docket until you complete community service, or was forfeiting the weapon the only punishment whatsoever? PM me if you don't want the entire board to know.

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    Congratulations, but it seems inappropriate that you had to give up your firearm if you didn't do anything wrong. What's the basis for that? Who gets to keep it?

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Congrats! Also curious to know who the best attorney in Maryland is. If I had to say from my experience, I'd say Peter O'Neil.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Congrats! Also curious to know who the best attorney in Maryland is. If I had to say from my experience, I'd say Peter O'Neil.

There are plenty. Barry Helfand and Phil Armstrong in Montgomery County. Pretty sure it varies by county. On the eastern shore you better go with somebody from the eastern shore. Done stuff in Washington County without much issue, but no idea how it is further west in Garrett, etc.

ThunderStick

May 12, 2013
    Garrett County
    There are plenty. Barry Helfand and Phil Armstrong in Montgomery County. Pretty sure it varies by county. On the eastern shore you better go with somebody from the eastern shore. Done stuff in Washington County without much issue, but no idea how it is further west in Garrett, etc.

Steve Friend in Cumberland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom