• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    my son got in trouble in 9th grade for writing the second amendment as i told it to him because it didnt match what was in the school books. they wouldnt even let him bring the book home for me to look at. he wrote it down and brought it home to me and it basically said the army and police have the right to keep and bear arms. i made a seen at the school and was not allowed back. that was about 8 years ago so if you live in md check and see what they are teaching your kids. you would be amazed.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Take a closer look. The book is calling it a "summary" of each amendment. That is what they are using to take license with the wording. :(

KimuraFTW

Jul 20, 2012
    Clinton, MD
    I don't think it's that big of a deal. The book appears to be prep for an exam. Main ideas are likely to be more important than accurate wording. The main goal of AP classes tend to be to get you ready to take an exam. The history of the U.S., its formation, and how its government works should have been taught in 10th grade, long before any AP classes. AP is going to focus on drilling in the things you need to know to get college credit for a high school course.

ke3gk

HAM from U.N.C.L.E.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    They quote "DEDICATED TO RESTORING CONSTITUTIONAL GOVERNMENT TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"

I guess after they rewrite it - they can restore it.

JailHouseLiar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 26, 2013
    Timonium, Maryland
    I'd go ballistic, bring the constitution, Heller and McDonald cases and demand they teach what it currenty is, not some bullcrap propaganda. Seriously, I'd not back down on this one.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I don't think it's that big of a deal. The book appears to be prep for an exam. Main ideas are likely to be more important than accurate wording. The main goal of AP classes tend to be to get you ready to take an exam. The history of the U.S., its formation, and how its government works should have been taught in 10th grade, long before any AP classes. AP is going to focus on drilling in the things you need to know to get college credit for a high school course.

As long as you are properly indoctrinated you will pass the exam.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I don't think it's that big of a deal.

With the attitude of a lot of young people these days (I saw something about it somewhere now I am an expert) this is a way to change the idea of the meaning over the longer term. It makes it "conventional wisdom" that 2A is designed to form state militias and not for personal self defense. Like most conventional wisdom it becomes the basis for other decisions, causing a cascade effect.

There are some many things people point out today that are illegal or "the law says..." and they are flat out wrong.

YAPT.

(Yet Another Progressive Tactic)

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Just read the 1st amendment, it does not say anything about the separation between church and state, this was Thomas Jefferson's opinion as he described it in his letters to Danbury. It did eventually become what we understand today.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008

Go back to your bridge and collect some tolls.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Go back to your bridge and collect some tolls.

Original.

Someone might actually think that and may be open to education. Calling them a troll is much easier and much more effective.

Do you feel like a real man now?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    That is sickening! A publishers attempt at forcing the liberal agenda down the throats of our children by providing false information.

Sarcastically speaking: Read along in this text book further and they have likely added other amendments - The right to an abortion, the right to government mandated but unfunded healthcare, The right to welfare, The right to be unlawfully surveilled, etc., etc.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I wish i had a penny for every time i found an error in a textbook. Not just history, but math and science. The editors of these texts often do not have the expertise to review the material and are under the gun to get them published keeping costs low. Look for the corrected 10th ed.

In an AP history class (math, or science) you should be learning to rely on primary sources not texts.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Remember Hitler said that if he could control the text books he would control Germany. I wonder where this re-write would propose to lead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom