• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Sorry if this is a dupe, I didn't see it elsewhere and just received the email from Sen. Getty this morning...

Senate Minority Leader E. J. Pipkin, Minority Whip Ed Reilly
    Carroll State’s Attorney Jerry Barnes and WWII Veteran Harold Lloyd
    To Headline Second Amendment Rights Rally
    The Second Amendment Rights Rally to be held at the Arcadia Volunteer Fire Company Activities Building tonight will feature the leaders of the Senate Republican Caucus, Minority Leader E.J. Pipkin and Minority Whip Ed Reilly.
    Carroll County State’s Attorney Jerry Barnes will also speak about the recent resolution adopted by the County Commissioners of Carroll County to declare a sanctuary county for gun rights in Maryland.
    The program will also include a short recognition of the tradition Memorial Day - May 30. World War II veteran Harold Lloyd will offer a tribute to the brave veterans of D-Day. Lloyd served with combat units of the 42nd Infantry Division, U.S. Army,*in France, Austria and Germany. Lloyd currently serves as president of the North County Republican Club of Baltimore County.
    Details of the event are posted below. Tickets are available at the door.
    Also posted below is the statement by State’s Attorney Jerry Barnes about the Resolution Adopted by the Carroll County Commissioners.
    You are cordially invited to join
    Senator Joe Getty and Chris Cavey
    For A Patriotic, Star-Spangled Memorial Day Tribute to our Veterans
    and
    A Celebration of our Second Amendment Rights as American Citizens
    Your contribution will help defend and protect our Second Amendment rights from future infringement!* Senator Joe Getty and Senate candidate Chris Cavey are hosting a joint rally in preparation for the 2014 election.* Senator Getty is running for re-election in District 5 (Carroll County) while Chris is running for election in the new District 42 (Baltimore County) against anti-gun rights Senator Jim Brochin.
    Bull Roast and Drinks
    Catered by GOP Events
    Thursday, May 30, 2013, 6-9 p.m.
    Arcadia VFD Activities Bldg.
    16020 Carnival Ave., Upperco, MD 21155
    $75.00 per person
    GOLD SPONSOR: $600 (6 tickets)
    SILVER SPONSOR: $300 (4 tickets)
    (cut here)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(cut here)
    Checks should be made payable to: 5/42 GOP Slate
    and mailed to: P.O. Box 437, Hampstead, MD 21074.
    Info: 410-440-3581.
    Check one:
    _____ Yes, I/We will attend the Getty/Cavey Fundraiser on Thursday, May 30.
    Enclosed please find our check: $______ for _______ ticket at $75 each
    -OR -
    _____ $300 for SILVER Sponsorship. _____ $600 for GOLD Sponsorship.
    _____ Unfortunately, we are not able to attend, but we have enclosed a contribution of $ ______.
    Names(s) _________________________________________
    Address______________________________
    City_____________________State______Zip__________________
    Phone__________________________
    Fax_____________________________
    E-mail_________________________________________________
    Authority: 5/42 GOP Slate, E. J. Getty, Treasurer
    STATEMENT BY CARROLL COUNTY STATE’S ATTORNEY JERRY BARNES ABOUT THE RESOLUTION ADOPTED BY
    THE CARROLL COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
    *********** I have carefully reviewed the Carroll County Commissioner’s Resolution expressing their collective position in support of our constitutional guaranty of Second Amendment Rights.* The right to keep and bear arms has been interpreted as being applicable to the citizen as an Individual Right by the Supreme Court of the United States.
    *********** As your State’s Attorney, I have taken the following position in regard to our Second Amendment Rights and the new Firearms Safety Act of 2013.
    1)***** I believe that several elements of Maryland’s recently signed Firearms Safety Act of 2013 are unconstitutional by virtue of imposing “Unreasonable Restrictions” upon our Second Amendment Rights.* However the ultimate resolutions of the constitutionality of this Act will have to be determined by our appellate courts.
    2)***** These new firearms restrictions and requirements will take official effect on October 1, 2013.
    3)***** I want to make it abundantly clear that I will obey my oath of office in regard to enforcing the criminal laws of Maryland as your Chief Law Enforcement Officer.
    4)***** However my decisions in regard to prosecuting cases that may be generated pursuant to the Firearms Safety Act of 2013 will be governed by the following principles:
    a)***** *I will personally review all new criminal cases that arise in violation of this new law.
    b)***** I will base my prosecutorial decisions by utilizing sound discretion in order to insure that justice prevails in each and every case.
    c)***** In the pursuit of “true justice” I will make factual determinations that distinguish honest mistakes as opposed to true criminal intent in regard to violations of the Firearms Safety Act of 2013.
    This State’s Attorney’s Office is dedicated to aggressive and effective prosecution of criminals.
    Respectfully submitted,
    JERRY F. BARNES
    States Attorney for Carroll County

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom