• ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    SkunkWerX said:
    Hint: The Federal is among some of the loudest 9mm subs out there on the market. First hand experience & confirmed by internet suppressor wizards too.

The price is right, no doubt, just trying to set your expectations.

I'd recommend getting 100 of them, then deciding if you want to do 1,000.

PS: cool set-up. I like it!

What would be good to buy in bulk? I'm new to this...

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    What would be good to buy in bulk? I'm new to this...

I hear good things about the Fiocchi, but no first hand experience. I'm now working on reloading subs.

I had experience with my .45, and was well pleased with the sound, then first ran the Federal Amer. Eagle through the 9mm suppressor and was like "Hmmmm?" I had expected better. Then found numerous sources saying it's not the best 147 around. John Titsworth made a statement that American Eagle was the loudest 9mm round he had fired, and he has the test numbers to show it.

I don't have a brand recommendation, as I cannot give any first hand accounts due to switching to reloads.

PS: sorry for the late response.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I hear good things about the Fiocchi, but no first hand experience. I'm now working on reloading subs.

I had experience with my .45, and was well pleased with the sound, then first ran the Federal Amer. Eagle through the 9mm suppressor and was like "Hmmmm?" I had expected better. Then found numerous sources saying it's not the best 147 around. John Titsworth made a statement that American Eagle was the loudest 9mm round he had fired, and he has the test numbers to show it.

I don't have a brand recommendation, as I cannot give any first hand accounts due to switching to reloads.

PS: sorry for the late response.

Thanks for the response. I am going to be forced into reloading soon. I saw a review of the American Eagle on one of the suppressor websites. It was 3rd behind the Fiocchi and "Special K". I got some to try. The Fiocchi is hard to find, and where I have seen it, it has been pricey. I'm sure I'll be asking soon about the best way to reload for subsonic 9mm. :D

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    I saw a review of the American Eagle on one of the suppressor websites. It was 3rd behind the Fiocchi and "Special K".

Interesting.

The Fed. Amer. Eagle gave me pretty loud FRP, and follow-ups were still not as quiet as I had expected. Admittedly I think am getting a fair amount of blowback noise as the action opens. Trying to delay that bit with slower reloads. Part of the fun! :D

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Interesting.

The Fed. Amer. Eagle gave me pretty loud FRP, and follow-ups were still not as quiet as I had expected. Admittedly I think am getting a fair amount of blowback noise as the action opens. Trying to delay that bit with slower reloads. Part of the fun! :D

I found the review I read. I'm going to have to start looking into reloading. Up until now, I haven't done so much shooting that I felt I needed to. That is starting to pick up, and of course the idea of tinkering with stuff really appeals to me.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    I found the review I read. I'm going to have to start looking into reloading. Up until now, I haven't done so much shooting that I felt I needed to. That is starting to pick up, and of course the idea of tinkering with stuff really appeals to me.

Be happy to help get you started reloading, doc.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    RichB said:
    Be happy to help get you started reloading, doc.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I may have to take you up on that. Since I haven't the foggiest idea where to start, I'll need a lot of help. I appreciate the offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom