• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    "Here’s a newsflash for you: Being in shape is only important for your general health. Being physical ready for combat is a whole other ball of wax. If you have a family, or friends, or are part of a community, or just enjoy living, you have a moral obligation to those to whom you owe your loyalty, to quit being a *****, and start doing PT. I don’t give two shits if you are 14 or 40; whether you’re a fat lump of shit who’s never done a lick of physical exercise in your life, or you’re a former collegiate athlete turned CPA who just doesn’t “have the time” to do PT anymore. You’re either serious about being able to protect your life, your family, and your community, or you’re full of shit. It’s really that simple."

https://mountainguerrilla.wordpress...hysical-conditioning-for-security-patrolling/

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    CrossFit
    www.marksdailyapple.com
    5x5 Strong Lifts
    Lift heavy $h!t, do it often, and eat clean(er)

Most of all, have fun doing it. Do it as a family. Do it solo. But just do something.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    "Here’s a newsflash for you: Being in shape is only important for your general health. Being physical ready for combat is a whole other ball of wax. If you have a family, or friends, or are part of a community, or just enjoy living, you have a moral obligation to those to whom you owe your loyalty, to quit being a *****, and start doing PT. I don’t give two shits if you are 14 or 40; whether you’re a fat lump of shit who’s never done a lick of physical exercise in your life, or you’re a former collegiate athlete turned CPA who just doesn’t “have the time” to do PT anymore. You’re either serious about being able to protect your life, your family, and your community, or you’re full of shit. It’s really that simple."

https://mountainguerrilla.wordpress...hysical-conditioning-for-security-patrolling/

ehh I body build and do HIIT, workout 6 days a week just tired. lost 60 pounds need to gain at least 20 more pounds of muscle.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ***** I was at the gym this morning (Day after Thanksgiving..), and I go to a huge gym with 10k members, and see the same people every day - there were not that many people there. There are those who make fitness an important part of their life, and it shows. Those who exercise on a regular basis tend to be *a lot* thinner and have a higher physical work capacity than those that do not, as a general rule. This is especially true after 40. Probably fewer than 10% of our population over 30 exercise regularly, and I'm amazed as an exerciser myself how few people realize that exercise is the closest thing we have to the fountain of youth. I have relatives in their 30's who are heavy, diabetic, high BP, and high cholesterol who complain that everything hurts and they are too tired to exercise. They ask me why I exercise so much as I am thin and look fit...As if only some fat, bald, unresponsive slob of a person needed to exercise...:sad20:

Fitness is important for your health, but also in case you need to do some physical work due to power outage, snowstorm, needing to build a railroad, or finding yourself as the only white dude at a black lives matter protest, wearing a MAGA hat and a Hillary for Prison 2016 shirt.... (and now.... for my next impersonation.... Jessie Owens!!!!). :lol2:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I hit the gym hard at least 3-4 times a week. I'm amazed at how often I'm lifting sometimes double the weights of men maybe half my age. And if only pizza weren't so damn good I would look a lot better too :)

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

:lol2:

Attachments

• 002003431ed0087c4d5275f2a2cb3927.jpg
      002003431ed0087c4d5275f2a2cb3927.jpg
      29.5 KB · Views: 109

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude