Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > 1911 Precision, LLC (John Carduner, Owner)

Notices

Old May 13th, 2011, 08:08 PM   #1
GNLaFrance
RIP

Gunsmith John Carduner (Please - Actual Customer Feedback Only)

I bought a Randall Raider (Model A211), an all stainless steel Colt's Commander clone, online a couple of months ago. It worked, but felt worn and had some rough spots handling-wise.

Couple weeks ago I handed it over for John's reliability package with 4 pound trigger, etc. Got to test fire it tonight. After a glitch or two which John fixed right there in the store, it works perfectly and is much easier to rack and shoot. The trigger is much better and the empties go back over my right shoulder instead of forward into the range area. Main thing is, the thumb safety doesn't fall out when I put it down on its left side. The whole gun feels more solid and smoother now.

John disassembled the gun and showed me all the work he did inside, the parts he replaced and why he replaced them. I was amazed that the recoil spring guide rod was made of aluminum! The Randalls were 100% made of stainless steel, it was their main marketing point. This gun has been messed with far more than the online seller indicated.

John was diplomatic about it, but he made it clear the gun was a real PITA to work on, rough inside and with substandard parts and fitting. In my ignorance, I thought I had bought a shootable collector's item. Maybe it is, but it had a lot of room for improvement. John did beautiful work smoothing things out. I can feel the difference his polishing work makes.

So, I've learned the lesson about not buying guns online before I can hold and shoot them. Not the first time it's hit me in the face, but this time I am going to live it.*

Anyway, I am very impressed with John's talents, abilities and professionalism. He gets from me. I recommend you pick up one of his cards and pamphlets at FreeState Gun Range and give him a call to talk about work you'd like to have done.

* 8 Dec. - I've already broken this promise three times now. I will never learn.
Attached Images

Last edited by GNLaFrance; December 8th, 2011 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Addendum
GNLaFrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 12:48 AM   #2
adodson

Send a message via AIM to adodson
John's a great guy and does great work. He's partnered up in Timonium as well. Did amazing work on Jay's GI Champ... now it shoots like a $2,000 custom gun.

Old June 7th, 2011, 01:57 PM   #3
mercop

Yes, John was kind enough to move the sight over on my G19. Luckily just about the only work a Glock needs- George
mercop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #4
Guderian

What days and times is he at FreeState? He offered to move my rear sight too, but I didn't take him up on it because I wanted to eliminate the shooter as the problem, even though he shot it and agreed it was shooting left. Now I regret it because at 25 yards, I'm aiming at the target's left arm to get it to hit in center mass.
Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 11:41 AM   #5
FreeState

Call for Dr. Bob's schedule. He is at the range on Sundays/Fridays/Tuesday and Thursday in the AM's and Wednesday inl the PM.
FreeState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 12:38 PM   #6
trikshot

1911 Precision, LLC

To All,
please call me on my work phone (410)733-4228, to discuss any of your work needs.
Thx,
John Carduner
trikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #7
JOBU
Banned

I love this site!
JOBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 08:23 AM   #8
harley121

Hello everyone,
I purchased a used S&W 1911 that supposedly had some work done on it. It seemed ok to me in that it functioned ok, and the trigger felt just slightly better than what was on my other 45. I just wanted it gone over and “tuned up”.
Johns Reliability Package combined with the trigger job (3.5 pound pull) made it feel and shoot like you would expect a much more expensive 1911 to.
Then lastly I had John install a C-More sight and mount that I had purchased. His installation (lay out, drilling and tapping 6 holes) turned out fantastic! S&W could not have installed it any sweeter!

We met back in Timonium at the range and test fired it checking for proper and smooth function. I couldn’t believe it was the same 1911. It operated /cycled very smoothly, the accuracy was greatly improved as well. My first rounds fired were on the paper and in a group that could be covered with a half dollar. Since that initial test firing I have sighted it in and the accuracy has gone through the roof!

His pricing is very reasonable; he is honest and truly a professional Gun Smith in every sense of the word. No need to worry or stress about handing over your firearm to John Carduner for servicing! Like me you will be a customer for life.

Thanks,
Bob R.
harley121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2011, 09:32 PM   #9
Infosec Guy

I just got my 1963 Browning High Power back from John, and I have to say, he did a great job. It doesn't look like the same weapon that I handed him. Before I bought it, this weapon had sat in a sock drawer for 40 years, with two loaded mags. It was prone to FTEs, 3-point hangs, and generally being a finicky weapon (although very accurate).

Now, it's looking good, and apparently feeling good, 'cause it shoots very well. No FTEs, no 3-points, no stovepipes. Just flawless delivery of ammo to the chamber & out the pipe.

Thanks John!
Perry

Old July 22nd, 2011, 12:29 PM   #10
wreckdiver

Tell me more about the 1911 reliability package. I have a Dan Wesson 1911 that's been giving me some issues lately.
wreckdiver is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > 1911 Precision, LLC (John Carduner, Owner)