• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Found this while I was working down at the Chantilly show last weekend. I originally passed over it while glancing around Friday but eventually got convinced to buy it. I'm surprised nobody else grabbed it before I did. I've been selling stuff more than buying lately but I couldn't pass it up for only $325. It was the cheapest Nagant revolver in the entire show.

This one is in un-refurbed, original condition and is all matching. Kind of hard to find Nagant's that aren't refurbed, especially Pre-WW2 dated ones. This one is also still single action. Unfortunately the finish is mostly gone and it's quite worn, but it's still got some traces of the original bluing left. I kind of like the worn look though. Too bad it can't talk. It's probably been through some crazy stuff. No import or Finnish markings so I'm not sure how it ended up here.

I'll probably take it out and shoot it sometime soon. It looks nice in my safe next to the 1898 Belgian commercial model I have.

Attachments

• IMG_9194.jpg
      IMG_9194.jpg
      122.4 KB · Views: 524
    • IMG_9196.jpg
      IMG_9196.jpg
      96.1 KB · Views: 454
    • IMG_9214.jpg
      IMG_9214.jpg
      121 KB · Views: 507

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thanks guys! I’m really happy with it. I can’t wait to see how it shoots.

Good looking pistol. I want a Nagant but I really don't want a refurb, looking for something more like this eventually.

The refurbs don’t do it for me either. Unless I can get another one at the prices they were going for 5 years ago. I’d really like to find a Finn Capture.

WatTyler

Ultimate Member
    That's a gem. And no import billboard that I can see. The import monkeys put their tag on the one that I might or might not own right over the date. People tell me it's part of the history of the gun now, but it's a dark period of history.

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    It's got the old style writing on the factory marks that's different from modern Russian... The language was changed by the Bolsheviks, and this one predates that obviously. An unexpected thing to see in 2018!

Great find.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Dan--I saw this one at the show, handled it and almost picked it up myself! But I got that Swiss rifle instead. Glad someone who will appreciate it took it home. Enjoy!!!

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Dan--I saw this one at the show, handled it and almost picked it up myself! But I got that Swiss rifle instead. Glad someone who will appreciate it took it home. Enjoy!!!

Thanks! I'm glad you got to take one of those G96/11's home. You got one of the nicer ones that we had on the table.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    There ya go! I've never been interested in Nagant imports, only bring-backs and this is a nice one. They do bring a bit of a premium over the imported re-furbs. Good catch!

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    Very nice. Congrats that was a good find. I have 3 Nagant rifles a hex a round and an M44 carbine as well as 2 SKS rifles. I need a Nagant pistol and an AK47 to round the collection out

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom