• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I'm retiring next week, anyone interested? Pax River, supervise employees in scheduled maintenance of support equipment (tow tractors, Hydraulic carts, electrical generators etc.) The write up is geared towards Navy requirements but Air Force or other experience would be considered.
    https://tyonekjobs.applicantpro.com/jobs/778340.html

Here are some of the other jobs the company has advertised at this time in other locations around the country.
    https://tyonekjobs.applicantpro.com/jobs/

If interested we work a compressed work schedule (CWS) 9hr./day, 8hr. on Friday work, off every other Friday (3 day weekend)

Last edited:

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Crazy that an Alaska native Corp staffs a maintenance shop on the other end of the country. Lots of AK natives in Lexington Park I guess ;-)

Congrats on your retirement.

Tomcat

May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Crazy that an Alaska native Corp staffs a maintenance shop on the other end of the country. Lots of AK natives in Lexington Park I guess ;-)

Naw, it has to do with federal govt. giving preference to minority contractors. The company is actually owned by Eskimo's on a small island in Alaska.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA

Negative ghostrider, ever heard of Chugatch.....or one of the hundreds of other names they divide up under to keep their "Native American, Small Business" designation? They have facilities maintenance contracts all over, including several major ones at Fort Meade. I have worked with/around them for years, and don't remember ever seeing any Eskimos. But, hey all the paperwork goes to Anchorage, Alaska!!!

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Interesting, looking at the pneudraulics tech.... how many Navy personnel have depot level experience? O and I sure but depot? They were pretty much manned by crabs unless things have changed.

Tomcat

May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Interesting, looking at the pneudraulics tech.... how many Navy personnel have depot level experience? O and I sure but depot? They were pretty much manned by crabs unless things have changed.

Can't say for sure but if you had experience in overhauling aircraft fuel systems other than military they might accept that.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Negative ghostrider, ever heard of Chugatch.....or one of the hundreds of other names they divide up under to keep their "Native American, Small Business" designation? They have facilities maintenance contracts all over, including several major ones at Fort Meade. I have worked with/around them for years, and don't remember ever seeing any Eskimos. But, hey all the paperwork goes to Anchorage, Alaska!!!

The quip about AK natives in LP was meant to point out the absurdity of the alaska native corporation scam. The idea behind giving AK native corporations first dibs on government contracts was to give the natives pushed off their hunting lands in AK a means to make a living. It has turned into something alltogether different since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom