• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I have one and it would be one of the last rifles I would let go of. Shoots anything and everything out to 400 yards. It's short,light and has a tough as nails mini Mauser action. I bought mine 10 or so years used at the old Hendershots for 450.

What caliber 7.62x39? I have one in my car in .300blk, haven't pulled the trigger yet.

dink

Mar 30, 2014
    Another thumbs up for the CZ. Agree 7.62x39 is all about cheap, but effective ammo. Have not owned one, but always read the Rugers (not sure about Howa, but probably) are basically for 308 bullets. Commies are actually 310, thus the need for "American" ammo in the Rugers. I can attest that the CZ shoots the cheap stuff great. I can't say MOA, but for my purposes (close range, short, handy, open sights) it's a great gun in the brush. To me, not meant for a scope... would consider a red dot though. And can't beat those CZ set triggers

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Anyone have a cZ 527? Debating one, don't really need but figured a great supressor host, but $300 more than a ruger American

Yes. I have one, but mine is in .204 Ruger. For me, it's a good light and handy walk around varmint rifle.

Accuracy is very good for a pencil barrel. Rifle is equipped with a set trigger, one that you may or may not want to utilize. Myself, I see it as good for bench work, but I'm personally not interested in it for hunting. YMMV.

Trigger had some degree of creep and overtravel, not terrible but nonetheless there, which can be almost entirely removed with trigger adjustment, but at the expense of being able to utilize the set trigger. In other words, pick one or the other (improved standard trigger or set trigger capable) as you won't get both. A non-issue for me, in what for me is tasked as a hunting rifle.

Just by way of mention, I do have personal knowledge from a few years back of 2 instances of cracked stocks in the 527. Both cracks were at the wrist, directly behind the tang. Both also were in 7.62x39, which if my memory serves is the upper end of available chamberings in the little 527. Makes me think bedding issue? Or inproper misdirected grain. I know this issue got some press at the time as well, so it appears that there were more than just a couple of these. Anyway, might want to check that tang area well, especially if buying used.

One guy's issue I know for sure was promptly made right. The other most likely was also, but I cant say for sure as I don't know that with the same degree of certainty. I've not heard complaints about CZ customer service though.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Have not owned one, but always read the Rugers (not sure about Howa, but probably) are basically for 308 bullets. Commies are actually 310, thus the need for "American" ammo in the Rugers.

While that may have been true for old Mini-Thirty rifles, I can assure you that is not the case for American rifles.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Anyone used grab a gun? I've read some horror stories online about them, but they have what I want in stock.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Anyone used grab a gun? I've read some horror stories online about them, but they have what I want in stock.
    Maybe a dozen or more times. Not all firearms, sometimes accessories. Never had an issue with them. Have shopped from them less in 2020 relative to other places because they've become less price competitive.

You might already do this, but go to ...

https://gun.deals (the old slickguns website)

And plug in the UPC of the item you're shopping for in their search box. You'll see which internet vendors have it in stock and for what price and shipping charge. The tool isn't perfect because sometimes it flags something in stock and you click the link and find it isn't, but it's no real time lost. They also have pricing history so you can check if you're paying a premium vs a few months ago or longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom