• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock4arms

May 8, 2015
    Will be running a can on a Glock 17 but not sure which 9mm subsonic ammo will burn or cycle the best so I dont want to buy a case of any certain type yet.

I would like to get approx 100 rounds each of 3 different brands.

Which 3 brands should I try first?

Msteers

May 26, 2017
    I've always had good luck with Federal American Eagle 147gr. Brownells had a great deal with 20% off and free shipping before the end of last year accompanied by Federals ammo rebate.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Yea you can spend a small fortune on dedicated susbsonic ammo. But as mentioned above most 147 grain will be subsonic. You can roll your own as well. Fiochi makes a 158 grain sub round that is decent. AE has a suppressor round too.
    What can did you get?

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    +1 on speer lawmen. i always run 147's. I think they shoot softer, and before you give me the recoil energy break down; I think it's because there's no supersonic crack my brain perceives them as softer. It's quality ammo, that if you hunt for you can get as cheap as others. It has always fed in my 19 and 17 and I run uspsa with it. I also like 147's for JHP, so it's right up my alley. (Main reason I use 147's all the time is so when I put a can on, I don't have to stock two types of ammo.)

Enfield303

Feb 12, 2011
    Harford County
    TK Defense

Try the TK Defense 147 grain subsonics. They are the quietest load I have found for my 11 1/2" barreled AR with a YHM Wraith suppressor. It is clean ammo and I have never had a malfunction. Plus, they are a local Maryland company.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    You can use gunbot or AmmoSeek or google to find the best prices.
    Nice choice on the can. Do you have the correct piston for a 9mm host? Since you seem new to the suppressor world , I thought would ask. The thread pitch is different on the 9. Like I said in the other thread, you f you can’t find a rugged 1/2x28 piston, the Silencerco ones will work.
    Do you have the can or is it in jail?

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Ammoseek / SGAmmo usually will net best prices. As far as suppressed 9mm out of a Glock 17, Fiocchi 147 Subs are without question the quietest I've shot through mine, having tried around 15 brands of subs ranging from 124 - 147gr.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Freedom Munitions HUSH ammo is legit! Love that stuff. I use the 165gr and it's as quiet as a 22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom