Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > Shooter's Discount

Notices

Old May 13th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #1
Alphabrew
ZFG

Location: Where the men are men and the sheep are scared. Woodbine!
Release to Designated Collectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou45 View Post
Shooters Discount will start this practice next Wednesday 05/15/13, but with reasonable restrictions and rules as these will help cover my ass and these are NOT negotiable:

1. Those that are Designated Collectors and I will require two very clear copies of your DC letter per transaction.
and/or
2. Current LEO.
and/or
3. Receives an immediate "PROCEED" response from FBI NICS when called on a reg'd long gun purchase only. A delayed response will mean you wait until MSP adorns your paperwork with the "Not Disapproved" blessing and it's in my hands.
and/or
4. Current MARYLAND carry permit.

Until further advised by authorities one way or another, I will commence this practice once again, 05/15/13.

You gotta' point there, BUT, the way Shooters Discount will be handling this matter it's almost certain that nobody that is prohibited (set aside unpaid parking tickets and similar menial bullshit) will be able to receive a regulated firearm.

It's fact, I was there last night, and yes, I will start with the oldest apps first and work up from there. Those that fall into one or more of the four categories I listed above will be receiving a call from Shooters Discount once we have reached your application and processed as per SD's requirements. All others will have to WAIT out the gambit for MSP to do their part and return your paperwork with the "NOT DISAPPROVED" blessing on it. No exceptions for anyone.
Just to confirm, if I show up Wednesday with two copies of my desi letter and pass a NICS check, I can walk out with my M1A that I submitted paperwork for in mid-March?

If this is true you are the MAN.

CNN is ISIS
Alphabrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #2
Joseph87'
Nobama

I find this to be bs. I've sent my designated collector paperwork out in February with no reply so far. I've bought 10+ plus guns in the last year and a half(3rrom Lou since November). Why is it that someone like myself with no record have to be left out because md is slow to send my paperwork? Sorry to rant, I am glad shops are releasing but feel its unfair to do so based on criteria. I'm not a criminal but have to wait 60+ days which is bs

Joseph87' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #3
Lou45
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabrew View Post
Just to confirm, if I show up Wednesday with two copies of my desi letter and pass a NICS check, I can walk out with my M1A that I submitted paperwork for in mid-March?

If this is true you are the MAN.
You will receive a call from me once I get to your paperwork, I'll start from 03/13/13 and work forward. This will take some time to do so don't expect it to happen overnight. The reason I'm not doing this with applications dated the week before is I've received word that apps from the week ending 03/09/13 are, or have just been processed by MSP and are due to arrive this week.

"Lou = 1911 .45 snob....Then once you understand that Lou shoots my pistols better than me, you'll understand why he's such a pisser." As per Splitter(RIP).

"Lou is like a living, breathing, walking, talking, BIG F-U to Brian Frosh, his puppeteer in government house, and all their cronies." As per ma_deuce.
Lou45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #4
Alphabrew
ZFG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou45 View Post
You will receive a call from me once I get to your paperwork, I'll start from 03/13/13 and work forward. This will take some time to do so don't expect it to happen overnight. The reason I'm not doing this with applications dated the week before is I've received word that apps from the week ending 03/09/13 are, or have just been processed by MSP and are due to arrive this week.
Awesome, thanks! I think I submitted 3/16 so I'll be hearing from you soon. I was not a desi when I submitted the paperwork, but my desi approval letter is dated April 4, 2013.

CNN is ISIS
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #5
Lou45
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph87' View Post
I find this to be bs. I've sent my designated collector paperwork out in February with no reply so far. I've bought 10+ plus guns in the last year and a half(3rrom Lou since November). Why is it that someone like myself with no record have to be left out because md is slow to send my paperwork? Sorry to rant, I am glad shops are releasing but feel its unfair to do so based on criteria. I'm not a criminal but have to wait 60+ days which is bs
Sorry, but if anything should happen to come down on me regarding any particular transfer, I need to be able to show that I've done my best (with documentation) to only release with utmost scrutiny. I'm not trying to knock you or anybody else, but one could have made application for their DC letter long before last December and eliminated the subsequent long application processes now being experienced. Bear in mind, I've been through this scenario before (back in '07) and a "bad boy" got a gun. I won't be able to make any exceptions because if I make one exception, then others will want me to follow suit; "well you made exception for him, why not me" kinda' thing.

"Lou = 1911 .45 snob....Then once you understand that Lou shoots my pistols better than me, you'll understand why he's such a pisser." As per Splitter(RIP).

"Lou is like a living, breathing, walking, talking, BIG F-U to Brian Frosh, his puppeteer in government house, and all their cronies." As per ma_deuce.
Lou45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #6
sleev-les
Gata Needs His Gat

This is great. Glad I'm a DC.. Looks like I will be getting my WASR sooner rather than later .. You da man Lou.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
sleev-les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #7
snallygaster
Old Appalachia

Lou, is this for purchases or transfers or both?

Old May 13th, 2013, 01:40 PM   #8
cougar70

While I don't have any purchases waiting from you, I applaud that you are making positive, solid, safe steps for your customers!

Brian
----------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin
cougar70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #9
LimaVictor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar70 View Post
While I don't have any purchases waiting from you, I applaud that you are making positive, solid, safe steps for your customers!

Brian
----------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin
+1
I hope this becomes contagious with other area shops.

LimaVictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #10
Alphabrew
ZFG

Thanks for this, Lou! This makes up for the way you brush up against me when I am staring at Barbie!

CNN is ISIS

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Firearms Dealers > Shooter's Discount