• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Damn, I couldn't imagine letting go of my USP (.45 variant, went to HK's Dahlgren shop for some tweaks).

One of these days I'll have to get my mitts on a USPc in 357, just to shoot it.

Damn, I couldn't imagine letting go of my USP (.45 variant, went to HK's Dahlgren shop for some tweaks).

One of these days I'll have to get my mitts on a USPc in 357, just to shoot it.

You will likely have to settle for a USPc .40 that had a .357 barrel installed. The one I sold was the only one I have ever seen, let alone fired.
    Yes, I'm shaking my head for selling it.

Chooch

Jan 27, 2016
    Bel Air, MD
    I am considering doing a P80 build in a 19/23/32 frame and chamber it in .357 Sig. I have a line on some really inexpensive trade in Glock 23's in PA. A PA buddy is willing to buy one and sell me everything except the frame. This purchase would be significantly cheaper than buying used parts and would include magazines.

Here is the catch...
    I want to cover the Glock logo and model info on the slide and have it cerakoted- leaving it as a generic slide. I thought of using JB Weld and immediately scraping off the excess. Once dry, sanding it perfectly smooth before having it coated.
    Do I have to be concerned with galvanic corrosion from the metal in JB Weld? Is there another product that would be a better choice?
    Hi, Cerakote requires metal to be sandblasted at a minimum of 80psi with 100 grit aluminum oxide or garnet sand. Whatever you fill the logo with needs to be able to withstand the sandblasting. Any application of filler after the metal was prepped would probably compromise the sandblasting and require it to be redone. The prep is extremely important for the Cerakote to adhere properly.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Filling the logo and other slide engravings with JB Weld should work.

Here's a close-up that I found, of the .45-70 Seater Plug (RN) that I modified to seat the Cast Performance WLNGC boolits I use.

NO sanding, when done.
    I wiped just a little CLP around the outside edges of the seater plug, to work as a release agent.

Inside, I cleaned with denatured alcohol and scuffed up the RN area.

It's worked great for years.

At work, we had a "bottom cylinder" on a printing press get damaged, and two machinists came in and filled the damaged area (co-worker dropped a 7/16" open-end wrench into the running press) and that 'plug' saved us over $10,000 for a new cylinder. That cylinder is subjected to over 1,000 lbs per sq. in of pressure.
    That repair is still in place, after 40 years. (And the press is now in Mexico.)

Attachments

• 45-70SeaterPlug_FLAT4.jpg
      45-70SeaterPlug_FLAT4.jpg
      13.3 KB · Views: 71

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom