• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    We're considering booking a hunt in The Bob Marshall Wilderness area with an outfit called 7 Lazy P Outfitting.
    We met them at the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg and they seemed like good folks.
    Anyone ever used them or know anything about them?
    If you have any thoughts PM or post.
    Thanks!
    Steve

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    If you don't get an answer here you might want to sign up on the Rokslide forum and ask there. Its mostly a diy western hunting forum but you might be able to get info there.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    If you don't get an answer here you might want to sign up on the Rokslide forum and ask there. Its mostly a diy western hunting forum but you might be able to get info there.

Thanks! I'll give that a try. We gotta start somewhere! :)

Jagzilla

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2013
    We're considering booking a hunt in The Bob Marshall Wilderness area with an outfit called 7 Lazy P Outfitting.
    We met them at the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg and they seemed like good folks.
    Anyone ever used them or know anything about them?
    If you have any thoughts PM or post.
    Thanks!
    Steve

The in-laws were from Whitefish and spent a lot of time in that area, including fly fishing on the Southfork of the Flathead river. Beautiful country. Can you fish on the hunt?

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    The in-laws were from Whitefish and spent a lot of time in that area, including fly fishing on the Southfork of the Flathead river. Beautiful country. Can you fish on the hunt?

Ya know I'm not sure. The subject never came up. We would be hunting high country and riding to camp on horseback.

Jagzilla

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2013
    If you're leaving out of Hungry Horse than you'll drive up along the river to pack out of Spotted Bear Ranch, the end of the road. But given the size of "the Bob" as locals call it, lots of ways to pack in.

I always carried a .44 when I fished back there.

Ian

Dontre member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Damascus-ish
    Packed into the Bob many years ago. Set up camp, rolled a log over to move closer to the fire, and found two beers, someone had cached under the log. One of the best beers I ever had.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    If you're leaving out of Hungry Horse than you'll drive up along the river to pack out of Spotted Bear Ranch, the end of the road. But given the size of "the Bob" as locals call it, lots of ways to pack in.

I always carried a .44 when I fished back there.

Not sure what route we're taking. One thing I do know is that there's a long ride on horseback to the hunting camp after being trucked as far as we can go.

Jagzilla

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2013
    Found your outfit online. They're on the eastern border of the park so nowhere near the flathead river. You'd probably fly into Great Falls. Looks like rugged country. Bring a good camera!

These are the folks I use to see when we'd drive to the end of the road out of Hungry Horse.

http://www.spottedbearfishing.com/hunting-adventures/

If you're just looking for who to sign on with, I could call one of my wife's cousins and see if they have suggestions. One is the mayor of Whitefish and another president of a bank. They both hunt, but don't use guides. The bank pres is also in Rotary so he might know local guides. Send me a PM.

I'd love to retire out there.

Brian
    And yes, that's the coning tower of my personal submarine.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Found your outfit online. They're on the eastern border of the park so nowhere near the flathead river. You'd probably fly into Great Falls. Looks like rugged country. Bring a good camera!

These are the folks I use to see when we'd drive to the end of the road out of Hungry Horse.

http://www.spottedbearfishing.com/hunting-adventures/

If you're just looking for who to sign on with, I could call one of my wife's cousins and see if they have suggestions. One is the mayor of Whitefish and another president of a bank. They both hunt, but don't use guides. The bank pres is also in Rotary so he might know local guides. Send me a PM.

I'd love to retire out there.

Brian
    And yes, that's the coning tower of my personal submarine.

Hey thanks for the offer! Once we see the area, never been there, we might just decide to stay.
    I'll PM you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom