• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RonRJA

Oct 29, 2014
    Anne Arundel County
    " The Army’s apparent endorsement helped make a nearly identical Sig Sauer pistol, the P320, a popular choice for police departments and the general public. But for several months, the company sold its commercial version of the gun without the fix it had made for the military, a CNN investigation has found.

Over the past two years, three law enforcement officers say they have suffered gunshot injuries when their P320s fired after being dropped or jostled, according to lawsuits and police department documents obtained by CNN Investigates. One sheriff’s deputy in Virginia had her femur shattered when the gun went off as she removed the holstered pistol, according to a lawsuit she filed against Sig Sauer in April, and she has been told she may never walk normally again. At least six other P320 users have had their guns go off accidentally as well. "

Source : http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2018/06/investigates/sig-sauer-p320-drop-fire/

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    I came to post the link, but you beat me to it! Glad I did a search first, before posting. The article was surprisingly detailed. I think Sig is going to take a beating on these suits.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    20170918_102133_480x480.jpg

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Hasn't the drop issue sort of always been a problem with striker fire pistols??

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    How would one know if they purchased a P320 with out the fix? I picked one up from an IP and was told this model didn't have the problem or had been fixed before it was shipped.
    I have yet to get to the range with it so, no problem yet.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    How would one know if they purchased a P320 with out the fix? I picked one up from an IP and was told this model didn't have the problem or had been fixed before it was shipped.
    I have yet to get to the range with it so, no problem yet.

Call Sig, they can see by serno if it has the fix if it has the fix no worries. In the meantime until you find out don’t keep a round in the chamber until ready to fire or take it on top of a ladder above a concrete floor and drop it on the back of the slide.

Last edited:

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Updated ones have the skinny trigger and don't double click when dry firing.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Once the upgrade is done the gun perfectly safe till you pull the trigger. I have two P-320 both have been back to Sig. I personally don't drop my weapons as I keep total control of them at all times. When they came back the trigger was a little smaller and smooth plus the trigger pull was a little lighter (not a huge fan of a striker fire with a light trigger). Chris

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Another way to tell that was recently pointed out to me is to look at the underside of the slide and see if there is a grove milled into one side near the edge. That is part of the modification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom