• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reaper812

Wayne
    Sep 14, 2012
    Howard county
    I ran across this company and bought 2 of there feeders, I’m very impressed with them, so though I would spread the word.
    They have a Facebook page also http://www.appletreefeeders.com
    Been running them for about 2 months now zero issues

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That has to be the most annoying web site/commercial I've had to sit through.

I have two feeders(Wildgame Inovs.) that have never worked. I have solar panels, upgraded digital timers, replaced motors, the whole nine yards. I test them and they fire every time, yet there they sit, still topped off with corn four months later. I think I'm done with feeders. I know I'm done with Wildgame Innovations. They can suck it!

Reaper812

Wayne
    Sep 14, 2012
    Howard county
    Lol, never seen the commercial sounds like I don’t want too, I had your same issues with my old feeders so went this route. Still happy so far. I know it’s a husband and wife who make them in North Carolina, very nice on the phone when I ordered

That has to be the most annoying web site/commercial I've had to sit through.

I have two feeders(Wildgame Inovs.) that have never worked. I have solar panels, upgraded digital timers, replaced motors, the whole nine yards. I test them and they fire every time, yet there they sit, still topped off with corn four months later. I think I'm done with feeders. I know I'm done with Wildgame Innovations. They can suck it!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Lol, never seen the commercial sounds like I don’t want too, I had your same issues with my old feeders so went this route. Still happy so far. I know it’s a husband and wife who make them in North Carolina, very nice on the phone when I ordered

So you are using them now? No problems?

Enjoy! :D

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Fill that thing with baby bunnies and see if you can whack some coyotes so I don’t have to keep looking over my shoulder. :)

Reaper812

Wayne
    Sep 14, 2012
    Howard county
    A trash dumpster won’t keep a bear out, so I wouldn’t expect a feeder to, as for squirrels they can’t get a grip on the sides to climb in, my trail camera catches them sliding right off the top
    Web site says they are plastic, so i’m guessing it wont hold up to the average squirrel let alone a bear :)

Last edited:

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    When mine dies I'm going to make one from a metal trash can sitting on a pallet with a few small holes in it to gravity feed the corn out. Old guy online has a video of how to make one, very simple and will be my next one. Squirrels are eating up the one I have now.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    When mine dies I'm going to make one from a metal trash can sitting on a pallet with a few small holes in it to gravity feed the corn out. Old guy online has a video of how to make one, very simple and will be my next one. Squirrels are eating up the one I have now.

post a link if you can :thumbsup:

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Here is a link to the one I think I will build. Not a lot of detail given but not a lot needed. Ironic I think that he works for a big game feed maker but doesn't use of an $$ game feeder.
    http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/d...w-to-build-an-inexpensive-durable-deer-feeder

I figure it will feed out more and other critters may eat more than you like but it's cheap, doesn't take batteries, and is simple enough. I think key is to keep the holes small and work up.

Can also make them out of PVC pipe. However, unless you have the pipe around it is a bit $$ as it takes large diameter pipe for it to work;
    https://www.realtree.com/brow-tines-and-backstrap/how-to-make-a-homemade-deer-feeder

For now, my Wildgame Innovations from wally world is still going and the squirrels haven't taken it out of action entirely, but I won't buy another one until I try the can style above.
    Also, with either of the above you can feed what you want. Had too many issues with sticky feed jamming up the spinner which I didn't like.

If anyone has a large surplus 6in Y PVC pipe like in the one above around Eldersburg please let me know, would love to have one to try.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Here is a link to the one I think I will build. Not a lot of detail given but not a lot needed. Ironic I think that he works for a big game feed maker but doesn't use of an $$ game feeder.
    http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/d...w-to-build-an-inexpensive-durable-deer-feeder

I figure it will feed out more and other critters may eat more than you like but it's cheap, doesn't take batteries, and is simple enough. I think key is to keep the holes small and work up.

Can also make them out of PVC pipe. However, unless you have the pipe around it is a bit $$ as it takes large diameter pipe for it to work;
    https://www.realtree.com/brow-tines-and-backstrap/how-to-make-a-homemade-deer-feeder

For now, my Wildgame Innovations from wally world is still going and the squirrels haven't taken it out of action entirely, but I won't buy another one until I try the can style above.
    Also, with either of the above you can feed what you want. Had too many issues with sticky feed jamming up the spinner which I didn't like.

If anyone has a large surplus 6in Y PVC pipe like in the one above around Eldersburg please let me know, would love to have one to try.

Thanks for the links, the top link seems cheap and easy :thumbsup:

I'm going to retrofit my Moultree feeders to a gravity fed system with PVC fittings to something similar to the Boss Buck feeder. I'm tired of electrical problems and a clogged feed chute

https://www.bossbuck.com

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Bossbuck option looks good, wonder if it will adapt to the WildGame Innovations system? I do worry the squirrels will eat it up.

i was going to remove the feed chute from my feeder and use a toilet flange to connect the PVC pipe and fittings to the feeder.

My thought was that the downward angle on the end of the gravity feed ports would not only keep moisture out, but keep squirrels from getting in too. We shall see I guess :)

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    My brother uses these on one of the midget deer farms, and 1 at his house. Pretty nice set up. No spinner corn just drops straight down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      79.9 KB · Views: 91

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads