• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Just got my Rock island armory 1911 in 9mm back from it's second time in for repair. I think they finally got it fixed. It would jam after almost every shot. Just ran about two boxes of ammo through it and it ran flawlessly. If it continues to run great like it did today,it will become my favorite hand gun. 1911 in 9mm is just so much fun. Actually 1911 in any caliber is awesome.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Just got my Rock island armory 1911 in 9mm back from it's second time in for repair. I think they finally got it fixed. It would jam after almost every shot. Just ran about two boxes of ammo through it and it ran flawlessly. If it continues to run great like it did today,it will become my favorite hand gun. 1911 in 9mm is just so much fun. Actually 1911 in any caliber is awesome.

So, what was wrong with it?

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    It would jam after almost every shot. Brand new gun. Still don't know what was causing it. Both times the repair order just said "confirmed customer compliant,tuned,lubed,test fired". I think it may have been an extractor issue,but I'm not sure.

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    I have had just about every 1911 problem except an exploding gun or parts falling off. It sounds like my story with Springfield: every gun I get from them is a jamomatic but a trip to the factory results in a good gun.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I have had just about every 1911 problem except an exploding gun or parts falling off. It sounds like my story with Springfield: every gun I get from them is a jamomatic but a trip to the factory results in a good gun.

Do they ever tell you what the problem is? RIA just sends it back fixed with not much of a detailed report.

Actually the Springfield 1911 9mm is the one I originally wanted, but at almost twice the price of the RIA ($900 vs $500) I couldn't justify it. I'd heard good things about the RIA including excellent customer service and a transferable warranty.

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    Do they ever tell you what the problem is? RIA just sends it back fixed with not much of a detailed report.

Actually the Springfield 1911 9mm is the one I originally wanted, but at almost twice the price of the RIA ($900 vs $500) I couldn't justify it. I'd heard good things about the RIA including excellent customer service and a transferable warranty.

Yes, they do. It's almost always itemized.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Other than 10 round/extended mags I've never had a mag problem with a .45 1911. On the other hand, I practically could not get my 9mm to work with anything but Tripp Cobras

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Fixed your spelling error :D No, not all of them are. If you use the correct length cartridge for the platform, you don't have problems. Short cartridges are notorious for having problems in a 1911, including the 40 S&W.

so a CPRN bullet loaded to close to max OAL tends to be most reliable?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    so a CPRN bullet loaded to close to max OAL tends to be most reliable?

It depends on if your pistol will work with longer bullets. I know a lot of people shooting USPSA Limited load 40 S&W out to 10mm length after they get their barrels reamed to accept the longer bullet. They feed a lot more reliably in that configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom