• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    I'm in day 97 of my 7 day wait. So, it shouldn't be long till I can bring my newest addition home. Cabelas has two types of ammo in stock now. They have Herters Select and Magtech. For anyone that has shot either of these, do you have a preference? This will be strictly for target and range use.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I'm in day 97 of my 7 day wait. So, it shouldn't be long till I can bring my newest addition home. Cabelas has two types of ammo in stock now. They have Herters Select and Magtech. For anyone that has shot either of these, do you have a preference? This will be strictly for target and range use.

I have tons of the Herters Select 158gr .357 and it's been great. No issues.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Never tried Herters handgun ammo but have used it in rifles with no problems. I have run the Magtech .357 when I found it for a good deal but that was the Guardian Gold ammo so not an exact comparison.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

I'd never use that FFL again if I were you. Many (most?) are releasing after 8 days.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Have shot and loaded a great deal of Herter's brass in both 9mm and .45 ACP without any issues. Have not purchased or loaded Herter's in .357, but wouldn't hesitate to do so. Cannot speak to the Magtech ammo at all as I have never run any of this.

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    Thanks for the info.

As far as the FFL, this is the second handgun in the pipeline. I just picked up a Mark III that was 102 days before I got the call. I will not be using either FFL again. I have spoken to both about 8 day release and they both had the same answer. I am of the opinion that talk is cheap, I will speak with my wallet. They know my stance and I know theirs. They still would not change their minds, so, the ball is on my court. Besides that, my house goes on the market in two weeks. Hopefully, I will be moved out of the Free(Ha!) state by the fall.

Dec 31, 2012
    You're good to go with either brand. I've used both of those from Cabelas. I also like Fiochii 142 grain 357 if you can catch a deal.

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    The Herter's does say it's made by Sellier & Bellot - which I love in 9mm. I've shot plenty of Magtech also in 9mm. Both are very good and pretty clean.

I haven't shot either in .357 but I suspect that it's just as good as the 9mm...

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I beg everyone's pardon. I didn't look at the "select," which is brass cased. Some of Herters other stuff is aluminum.

No big deal Johnny, their website can be confusing depending on how you search for specific ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom