• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    The NRA's policy is to support the incumbent, even if their opposition is better regarding the 2A. Sad but true. They probably don't look at the whole picture regarding the way an incumbent conducts themselves during the whole of the session either and that is why politicians like Krebs can get away without standing up for the 2A 100% of the time. Anyone who will vote anti in the preliminary is not worthy of holding office, even if they vote otherwise in the final vote. This is the tactic that Krebs and her ilk are using. I called her out on it and her response was worthy of a spoiled child, not someone I want representing me! I saved those e-mails for future use.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    NRA’s grades don’t mean shit anymore. If you’re in Carroll County consider David Ellin for Delegate. I just changed to Republican from Libertarian so I can single shoot him in the primary. I cannot stomach any of the incumbents. Also my commissioner is a big time lib who has an R behind his name- Dennis Frazier. In 2014 the Democrats switched to republicans and made a huge difference in the outcome of the primary. I believe Tom Gordon is running against him in the primary.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The NRA's policy is to support the incumbent, even if their opposition is better regarding the 2A. Sad but true. They probably don't look at the whole picture regarding the way an incumbent conducts themselves during the whole of the session either and that is why politicians like Krebs can get away without standing up for the 2A 100% of the time. Anyone who will vote anti in the preliminary is not worthy of holding office, even if they vote otherwise in the final vote. This is the tactic that Krebs and her ilk are using. I called her out on it and her response was worthy of a spoiled child, not someone I want representing me! I saved those e-mails for future use.

How worthy of holding office is someone who reliably votes anti in both preliminary and final votes?

Isn't that the choice you face?

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC

The VFW does the same thing. A few years ago in the 5th congressional dist. they endorsed the POS Steny Hoyer over one of their own members because of their incumbent policy. Torqued me off.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    How worthy of holding office is someone who reliably votes anti in both preliminary and final votes?

Isn't that the choice you face?

I don't have to choose that option either! A turd sandwich is a turd sandwich, doesn't make any difference what kind of bread it's on.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Dem gubernatorial debate is on WJZ 13 now.

These people scare me. Every single problem in the State is Hogan's fault. Many of them worked for the Obama Administration, who they invoke in every other sentence. We need to legalize marijuana so we can tax it and invest in schools and our students (who will be high, of course). Oh, and gun violence in Maryland is never committed by the gun owner (one said that), so the answer is to require every gun in Maryland to be biometric and capable of being fired only by its owner.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    So, as far as Democrats running for governor, which is the best one to vote for to win the primary, :rolleyes: then have the best chance of losing to Hogan in the General? :innocent0

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Update to previous Dem gubernatorial debate post: Now, every problem in Maryland is Donald Trump's fault. And ICE is (are) thugs.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Gubernatorial candidate Madaleno bragging during debate:

"The WPO and UMD released a poll today that shows me as the Democratic candidate who stands the best chance of beating Larry Hogan. Why? Because I have been beating him year in and year out as a member of the MD General Assembly. I led the charge to stop his cuts to education [and] healthcare. We have forced Larry Hogan to embrace many of the Democratic policies that we have championed because we've overridden his vetoes."

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    So, as far as Democrats running for governor, which is the best one to vote for to win the primary, :rolleyes: then have the best chance of losing to Hogan in the General? :innocent0

In case you missed the other thread, we are going to try and get the most progressive leftist out there to win the Dem's primary, soo pretty much anyone in that room. Then we are not vote in the general election because Hogan is worse than even Nancy Pelosi. He is the devil incarnate and we dont want him as our Governor.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Just posted this in the DiNO thread. I'll leave it here as well.
    I've been mulling over the Gov options.

Heard some new polling today that is very interesting.

-Hogan's favorable among Ds is at 60+%, 70+ with Rs
    -Hogan is leading all Dems at this point in head-to-head
    -Among Ds only, none get more than (IIRC) 17% against the field ("undecided" gets 39%)
    -Madaleno comes in 4th among Ds (Jealous, Baker, Ervin, Madaleno)
    -Madaleno is the D who polls highest against Hogan (yes, those don't seem to make sense)
    -Poll seems to suggest that Ds may not turn out in huge numbers

For me, it's a tossup between Ervin (for obscurity) and Madaleno (for nutjobbiness). Baker and Jealous might 'idiot' themselves out of contention, but is that a chance we're willing to take?

Thoughts?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Maybe NRA should adopt a "Pass/Fail" grading policy. lol.

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    NRA’s grades don’t mean shit anymore. If you’re in Carroll County consider David Ellin for Delegate. I just changed to Republican from Libertarian so I can single shoot him in the primary. I cannot stomach any of the incumbents. Also my commissioner is a big time lib who has an R behind his name- Dennis Frazier. In 2014 the Democrats switched to republicans and made a huge difference in the outcome of the primary. I believe Tom Gordon is running against him in the primary.

Are you crazy? Ellin is a lefty who switched to Republican because he knew he couldn't win as a Democrat. Besides, all we need is another Democrat lawyer in Annapolis.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom