• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    Look on the KCAU TV Facebook page for the report that was posted about a week ago. It was sighted east of Winnebago, Ne. I knew they were around!

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    This sighting was a couple weeks ago. I can practically see this woman's property from the building I work in, it's about a mile from here as the crow flies (as the mountain lion walks), maybe not even that far.

Check out the video:
    4 Mountain Lions Cross Woman’s Backyard: ‘I’m A Little Worried’
    http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/03/14/mountain-lions-womans-backyard/

ken-caryl-mountain-lions-10pkg-transfer_frame_17.png

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    There are. I had one in my yard a few years back. Neighbor had two try to take one of his yearling horses around the same time. But the DNR will tell you they’re not here.

Saw one in Sleepy Creek WV near the public rifle range close to 20 years ago. No one believed it so I quit telling the story.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I was shed hunting today and found several spots where there was tufts of deer hair on the ground but no carcasses. I think a Lion may be actively hunting in the area. They carry the entire deer to their den to eat it.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'm convinced that there is one lurking around the Undisclosed Location based on three things:

- About 10 years ago I was walking on the road adjacent to the property at dusk and went past a place where it was dense brush and something big growled at me from the brush and it almost certainly was not a bear.

-A very large track that could not be explained as any sort of canine track and it was clearly not a bear track.

-The neighbor at the foot of the hill that lives there full time believes based on similar experiences from walking around back there with her dog.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Around 30 years ago, my wife and I were camping in SNP, and she swears up and down that she saw a mountain lion while on a hike near the campground. I wasn't with her on the hike, but we've spotted bobcats together while hiking and she has ID'ed them immediately without any confusion - so I am confident that she knows what she saw.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    These hills (SMNP) are full of all kinds of critters. Our yard has hosted bear, deer, heron, turkey, coyotes, coydogs, rabbits, groundhogs, bobcats and multiple hawks.

I haven't seen a mountain lion yet. I can report there will be an occasional third shift now that NV and thermal are in the house.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I believe there are still a few in upstate NY. They call them Panthers up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom