• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    This is really upsetting, I used to love visiting Vermont, and always appreciated the gun laws there

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Wow. And to think that Vermont was on my list of possible places to move, based on their gun laws.

No more.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    What's also annoying is that Vermont was a great counterpoint when arguing that state gun control laws don't increase public safety.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    Damn. Guess someone's got some national aspirations...

Liberal Vermont and conservative/liberation New Hampshire were great examples of how guns didn't have to politicized. Oh well.

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    I thought Vermont was supposed to be one of the few gun-friendly states in the northeast? Guess not...

They used to be at least. They used to be the only constitutional carry state at one point, and still have it. When I lived in MA, I considered moving to either NH and VT to escape the MA-craziness.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Well if there were any state where a revolt against guns laws might happen, Vermont would be a possibility. I don't see the rural folks tolerating the urbanites on this crap.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Well if there were any state where a revolt against guns laws might happen, Vermont would be a possibility. I don't see the rural folks tolerating the urbanites on this crap.

Yeah, but Vermont is a weird place. They are all caricatures of themselves- they all drive VW buses or Subaru Outbacks, wear tie dye, and are named Granola Moonbeam or Sunflower Happythoughts. It is an entire state inhabited by Cheech and Chong wannabees that could spend a good portion of a Saturday wondering if their Snicker's bar is all organic and if it has a small carbon footprint.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Vermont, home of Ben, Jerry and Bernie Sanders.

That state has given a whole new meaning to the "Green Mountain Boys".

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Yeah, but Vermont is a weird place. They are all caricatures of themselves- they all drive VW buses or Subaru Outbacks, wear tie dye, and are named Granola Moonbeam or Sunflower Happythoughts. It is an entire state inhabited by Cheech and Chong wannabees that could spend a good portion of a Saturday wondering if their Snicker's bar is all organic and if it has a small carbon footprint.

What gave me pause on moving to Vermont was seeing comments repeatedly on the schism between Burlington and the rest of the, mostly rural, state. There were indications that the city was slowly growing in influence with the influx of the lefties.

Looks like we're about there now, just as Northern Virginia is taking over the rest of the state and the liberal crunchies are invading and diluting Idaho.

I'm eyeing WV, but wary of NoVa and MD bleeding over to the west.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    The Vermont Senate concurred with the House and the governor says he will sign. It's done.

Unbelievable

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't these folks understand? Apparently they haven't taught the meaning of "not" and "infringed" in school for about 84 years, going back to the NFA.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't these folks understand? Apparently they haven't taught the meaning of "not" and "infringed" in school for about 84 years, going back to the NFA.

Just look at the head of the snake.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Just saw that tomorrow Recoil Magazine and Magpul are teaming up and fighting back. Tomorrow in front of the Vermont state house they're going to give away 1200 30rd PMAGs. They're calling it the "Green Mountain Airlift".

I think I'm going to go buy another Magpul t-shirt now.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont

This is a very true statement. Libertarian in some ways and just very Liberal in others. I moved in the last year from Maryland to Vermont. Mostly because of family, but in part because after being Harford County born and raised Maryland had become way to liberal and way too crowded. Its a shame... VT is passing all these laws because they caught a kid with mental health issues about to shoot up a school (or at least suspected of being about too) and the typical knee jerk reaction began. The governor who in the past was pretty 2A friendly has said he will sign the legislation and it landed on his desk yesterday so I guess it has all changed in the matter of weeks. Its sad. Feels like Maryland except for constitutional carry. And here that means State Constitution. If it wasn't in the state constitution and held up by the State courts they would have outlawed that too. In some ways it is worst then Maryland now. No more FTF private sales of even long guns with the new laws.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Now you have:

Thirteen-year-old Vermont gubernatorial candidate Ethan Sonneborn, a Democrat, wants the state to pass a gun control bill, and he wants to be sure an “assault weapons” ban is added to it.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/31/13-year-old-vermont-gubernatorial-candidate-wants-assault-weapons-ban/

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

- Isaiah 11:6

Maybe it'll end up as another Children's Crusade, with all the little idiots being sold into slavery.

Well, one can dream . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom