• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Guys im the moderator for the md hometown forum on ar15.com. I expressed my thoughts and expect to be banned.

There are many over saying we brought our problems on ourselves.

I seen that, and that's bull.

I'm one of LT's biggest supporters, but I would be lying if I said I didn't expect this to happen.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Guilty conscience? I never said I hope bad things happen to you, I simply said Karma is a Bitch. If you think that will cause bad things to happen, as Colin Cowherd says "That's a you problem."

Ok, a little background (and Brian doesn't need defending, least of all by me): First off, OCCBrian has been a stalwart on the fight against gun control in Maryland. Literally every day I showed up to the legislature he was there, even on days when no bills were being discussed. Also, if you would look very carefully at the LaRue thread on arfcom, Brian monitors and updates a very extensive listing of LaRue firearms in the que for production. He is an ADAMANT supporter of the brand and has been for a very long time. When he puts up a post saying they aren't shipping to Maryland, it's NOT based on rumor, conjecture, or voodoo. Because I know the man's character, I already knew he wouldn't say such a thing in an open forum without confirming it directly.

He called LaRue and LaRue TOLD HIM he was SOL. It wasn't a guess, temper tantrum, or a wild guess he pulled out of his ass.

Your bold quote you keep asking about came only after HOURS (almost a full day) of discussions on the topic.

As soon as LaRue clarified (changed) their position, EVERYONE gave them credit. You on the other hand made it a point to continue to instigate a fight.

So if you are truly trying to understand, then there you have it.

No guilty conscience, not sure why i would. But i got that you were implying that with the bad karma thing.

You all continued to bash larue though. This discussion technically never ended. So basically all you did was confirm what i posted. You say im behind but on the mds thread im actually in pace with everyone else.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    No guilty conscience, not sure why i would. But i got that you were implying that with the bad karma thing.

You all continued to bash larue though. This discussion technically never ended. So basically all you did was confirm what i posted. You say im behind but on the mds thread im actually in pace with everyone else.

Actually no, as soon as Brian posted their press release we pretty much all said "Thank god, put LaRue back in the good column."

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Originally Posted By mfingar:
    First of all, our sincere apologies about the confusion. Maryland Orders are not being cancelled.

We are working hard to fulfill all orders from every State.

While it is true that there will be no rifles shipping to Maryland anytime soon, any Maryland customer who has a LaRue Rifle on order will remain on order and held in-line until their rifles are ready to ship, unless they wish decide to cancel. This includes both direct sales and dealers. Unfortunately, we cannot forecast how long it'll be until your rifle ships. We are still experiencing a tremendous backlog with rifles. When your rifle becomes ready to ship, any laws or restrictions in place at that time will be discussed.

Regarding HBAR’s ...
    This is a situation which requires a lot more thought than saying "all LaRue rifles with a heavy barrel are H-BAR’s”. It is our position that the Maryland law requires that a manufacturer actually designs, labels and markets a rifle as an H-BAR to be considered an H-BAR. Simply saying it's an H-BAR to circumvent the law is only asking for trouble. We're taking this position to protect not only our customers, but to protect our company as well. We are exploring the concept to offer a parallel series in what we would call an H-BAR configuration. It is our intent to offer this to Maryland customers who have been in line for rifles with a similar (non-H-BAR) profile. Any future H-BAR configuations will need to be compliant with any MD laws at the time of shipment.

Thanks for the work and update.

So what do those statements underlined in bold mean?

No, i didnt go on arfcom, everything seems to be posting here as well.

I dont know occbrain. I have no idea if hes lying on not. But i would think youd want to go off more than what 1 person said.

Take note. MD is a lost cause, and its not just because of the laws, taxes, etc.

Again, so what are the underlined bold statements above? Maybe im misunderstanding. Please clear it up for me. But it seems that Larue WILL still send you your order as long as it was made prior to Oct 1. I stood up for larue. Have some integrity. Everything i said was true. Everyone bashed the company for something that is sorted out as stated above. Unless theres a part to this im missing. I dont see the problem.

MD gets hit with hurricanes too smart guy. Do you remember the east coast getting torn apart last year? OC was flooded, we lost part of Jersey, etc. well Disney Worlds still standing. Universal is still there, the space center is still there. Downtown Orlando is still going. But hey, i hope bad things happen to you too i guess lol

IMO, it means they will evaluate the legal situation at the time of shipment for the given MD order. They can't very well come out and say "sure, we will sell/ship to MD...no problem..." for an order that may not be ready for shipment until 2016, just as a random example. Laws can be repealed (optimistically !) or passed that relax or restrict their ability to do business in MD at a given future date.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Thanks TX. I laughed at the people saying I need to stand up and do something. Lol. The Internet.

Very kind words for you to say and I appreciate it. There were a lot of us though and you were one of them.

I called and spoke to Juli. She said I was sol. Jvegas called Juli. He told her he was an FFL and had the doc to prove our orders were GTG. She said it didn't matter. Juli is the regulatory compliance manager for LaRue. She is in charge of making sure orders follow all the rules and laws. She isn't just some customer service person.

So... I created the thread in GD KNOWING it would cause a shit storm and draw attention. So much attention the LaRue would have to address it.

After a day and 16 pages and 16,000+ views,, they did. And realize it doesn't say that I was wrong or that they never told us they weren't fulfilling our orders. They apologized for the "confusion." Ie, theirs. Not ours.

Anyone who knows anything about mark LaRue knows that if I was wrong, he would have called me out on it in public. No such thing happened.

Personally, I believe they saw the backlash forming and changed their tune. However they came to the conclusion, I don't care. I got the result I was looking for.

Successful OP is successful.

Sent from my fire using smoke.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    IMO, it means they will evaluate the legal situation at the time of shipment for the given MD order. They can't very well come out and say "sure, we will sell/ship to MD...no problem..." for an order that may not be ready for shipment until 2016, just as a random example. Laws can be repealed (optimistically !) or passed that relax or restrict their ability to do business in MD at a given future date.

That a given, noone can predict the future.

All is good thats all that matters.

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    As I said before, the issue was never their uneasiness over the new law. Had they cancelled orders even 2 weeks ago, I wouldn't have bitched. It was the last minute cancellation and the lack of communication that prompted my dissatisfaction.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Please pick my post apart then. Im not saying this couldnt happen anywhere else. But i will say that when the have tried it down here its been beaten so far. Truth hurst dont it, enjoy MD, you earned it and stfu.

Florida will be blue and you will be in the same spot.

I actually live in VA. Go somewhere else to gloat
    Two chicken neckers fighting about marylands laws:lol2: next election VA will fall.. and FL might make it through two...enjoy that and both of you stfu:D

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    And Virginia isn't blue, or at least well on its way to being so?

Not in the local elections. Obama and the two idiots won but I suspect there was some fiddling with the votes in PWC. How does Obama win when he was down 100k votes to Romney and in ONE county takes Virginia? Cuccinelli is in a dead heat with the D right now for governor.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Something tells me if they weren't getting hammered with complaints they wouldn't have changed their minds. I called an hour ago and got the feeling I wasn't even close to the first to let them know.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Anyone else get an interesting email from LaRue? Rifles will start shipping immediately with 'field grade' barrels with a coupon to get the actual match grade barrel for free once they get them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom