• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    NRA-ILA just sent this in a longer email, but this is the piece pertinent to the thread...

Today, the Maryland Senate leadership announced that the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee will be voting on Senate Bill 281 as early as Tuesday, February 19. It is likely that this sweeping anti-gun legislation will be reported by this committee and voted on by the entire Senate NEXT WEEK.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I sent certified letters to the committee. Of course, the timing of this announcement ensured that they would not receive written comments until after the vote...emails on the way and phone calls on Monday.

bmelton

Jan 23, 2013
    There probably won't be anybody answering the phones on Monday -- it's President's Day.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Just sent...

Chairman Frosh, and Members of the Committee,

It came to my attention early this afternoon that a Committee vote on (at least) SB281 is now scheduled for this coming week, in advance of hearings on the House version of the bill(s).

As I have stated in prior emails, these bills do nothing to protect innocent lives, and serve only to infringe on the Constitutional Rights of law abiding citizens, while allowing criminals to run unchecked.

This rush to a vote smells of a purely political maneuver, and shows complete disregard for the Marylanders you are supposed to represent. The Marylanders who are also represented by the thousands of people you may recall from the gathering on Feb 6. A gathering that was historic and spoke for literally millions of Maryland's lawful firearms owners, who are being heard as never before.

Heard by all, with the possible exception of several members of this Committee, who seem to be more focused on pleasing the Governor than serving their true 'employers'... the citizens of Maryland.

Sincerely,

[me]
    Glen Burnie, MD

Executive Member, Maryland Shall Issue
    Life Member, Gun Owners of America
    Member, Second Amendment Foundation
    Member, National Rifle Association

Newly Registered Conservative Democrat

tm12

Dec 22, 2012
    Could someone please post the links for the Ruger and Hornaday email tools?

Thanks

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Ok, so after watching the press conference today I put Shank in our corner.

That gives us:

Brochin, Getty, Jacobs, Shank, Stone

They have:

Frosh, Gladden, Raskin

We still need one of the remaining, Forehand, Muse, Zirkin. These should be our targets, so to speak.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Ok, so after watching the press conference today I put Shank in our corner.

That gives us:

Brochin, Getty, Jacobs, Shank, Stone

They have:

Frosh, Gladden, Raskin

We still need one of the remaining, Forehand, Muse, Zirkin. These should be our targets, so to speak.

I would still consider Brochin iffy. A couple of amendments and he will still vote for an AWB. Same with Muse and Zirkin. Keep Brochin on the target list. It is particularly important that people from their districts hammer them.....

tempest56

Mar 25, 2012
    Frank Turner is my "Representative" and and he covers much of the Peoples Paradise of Columbia too. I can assure you he will vote with O'M. His email responses can be distilled down to F U to gun owners.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    OK, so I'm sending faxes to the three on the committee mentioned: Muse, Stone and Zirkin. Here is a sample, please feel free to use any part if you like it (I'm kind of a crappy writer though!)

February 15, 2013
    The Honorable Anthony Muse
    James Senate Office Building, Rm 304
    11 Blanden St
    Annapolis MD 21401

Dear Senator Muse,

As a concerned citizen, husband, and father, I am writing on behalf of the scheduled vote for SB281 “Firearm Safety Act of 2013.” Recent events understandably have all of us feeling a great deal of emotion on the place of firearms. While I commend the governor and the Maryland legislature for wanting to deal with firearms and their use in violent crimes and murder, the proposed bill will do nothing to reduce crime. Instead, this bill puts an undue burden on the average Maryland citizen.

I’m certain you have been inundated with facts and statistics citing how the proposed law will have little effect, likewise you have heard numerous personal stories on how firearms used in crimes changed lives. While these emotions are very compelling, acting on emotion will not bring closure to these individuals nor will it bring loved ones back. What we must do as a society is to ensure that private citizens are better able in the future to protect themselves, and most importantly that violent criminals are incarcerated to a degree that they will not be a threat to society.

On behalf of my family, my children, my wife; I strongly oppose SB281 and any other legislation that calls for across the board restrictions on firearms or on Marylanders who are otherwise legally able to purchase firearms. Maryland already has very strict guidelines on purchasing firearms and data from the FBI and the City of Baltimore clearly show that a large majority of firearm assaults and murders are perpetrated by criminals who cannot legally purchase or own firearms. Putting additional restrictions on otherwise legal owners will not change this fact, but will simply be putting these persons under undue scrutiny and stress.

Thank you for your time, and please vote NO on SB281 and all other bills restricting the use of firearms by noncriminal Marylanders.

Best Regards,

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    OK, so I'm sending faxes to the three on the committee mentioned: Muse, Stone and Zirkin. Here is a sample, please feel free to use any part if you like it (I'm kind of a crappy writer though!)

February 15, 2013
    The Honorable Anthony Muse
    James Senate Office Building, Rm 304
    11 Blanden St
    Annapolis MD 21401

Dear Senator Muse,

As a concerned citizen, husband, and father, I am writing on behalf of the scheduled vote for SB281 “Firearm Safety Act of 2013.” Recent events understandably have all of us feeling a great deal of emotion on the place of firearms. While I commend the governor and the Maryland legislature for wanting to deal with firearms and their use in violent crimes and murder, the proposed bill will do nothing to reduce crime. Instead, this bill puts an undue burden on the average Maryland citizen.

I’m certain you have been inundated with facts and statistics citing how the proposed law will have little effect, likewise you have heard numerous personal stories on how firearms used in crimes changed lives. While these emotions are very compelling, acting on emotion will not bring closure to these individuals nor will it bring loved ones back. What we must do as a society is to ensure that private citizens are better able in the future to protect themselves, and most importantly that violent criminals are incarcerated to a degree that they will not be a threat to society.

On behalf of my family, my children, my wife; I strongly oppose SB281 and any other legislation that calls for across the board restrictions on firearms or on Marylanders who are otherwise legally able to purchase firearms. Maryland already has very strict guidelines on purchasing firearms and data from the FBI and the City of Baltimore clearly show that a large majority of firearm assaults and murders are perpetrated by criminals who cannot legally purchase or own firearms. Putting additional restrictions on otherwise legal owners will not change this fact, but will simply be putting these persons under undue scrutiny and stress.

Thank you for your time, and please vote NO on SB281 and all other bills restricting the use of firearms by noncriminal Marylanders.

Best Regards,

Hit Brochin, too

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom