• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul

Nov 12, 2008
    SoMD
    Oh, I almost forgot,
    Any Maryland resident is prohibited from buying from a dealer named "dark sun"!:shrug:

When they found out I was from Maryland they wanted nothing to do with me.

cega

BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2010
    Want to get there Friday when they open since I need reloading supplies - can't recall seeing much the last time I went but got there late. How is the show for powders, primers?

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    Want to get there Friday when they open since I need reloading supplies - can't recall seeing much the last time I went but got there late. How is the show for powders, primers?

Last time I went 2 shows ago there was a booth of just powder and primers.

I am looking for pmags 308 7.62x39 and maybe an sks or Spanish fr8 for the right price

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    How many times a year do they do this?

Well according to the website, it looks like they have four or five of them a year. So if you miss this one, no sweat.

This gun show is the largest one in the region, right? So that means, practically speaking, it'll be the largest one I'll reasonably ever be able to go to without planning a multi-day road trip? How are the prices going to compare to, say, the Silverado Gun Show?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ill probably miss this one, I can get ammo cheaper shipped to my door (beats haulking 1000 rounds out the door), topped off on mags.

I saw several of you hunting .308, there were some dealers that had German DAG .308 at less than $90/200 sealed in a battlepack which is a pretty good deal.

Cowboy T

You're right, they can be. But there's a reason for it. Turns out NYC Mayor Bloomberg's been sending his "boyz" down here to try straw purchases again. Dark Sun has been one of the FFL's that "da boyz" have been trying to mess with. Basically, they assume you're one of Bloomberg's people unless you're a VA resident and everything's in order.

Could they be nicer about it? Hell, yeah! But at least now you know why.

Matter of fact, Bloomberg's people were at the show in Richmond a week or so ago trying straw purchases. BUT THIS TIME THEY GOT NABBED! The police nailed at least one of 'em. Remember what new VA Gov. Bob McDonnell (formerly State Atty Gen.) said to Bloomberg--if he tries sending straw purchasers to VA, *he* will get arrested! Let's see if McDonnell now makes good on that statement. I really, REALLY wanna see Michael Bloomberg behind bars, billions or not. He is at a minimum an accessory to, and an inciter of, commission of a felony.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Ok guys, who's going saturday? I'm up for doing a mini meet at williards BBQ around 3pm if anyone is interested.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I can probably be there for show open around 3 PM Friday. Anyone who wants to meet up with me prior at Willard's or anywhere else PM me.

All I am looking for is mags. Hope they have decent prices on 30 rnd Pmags. Maybe a few Glock mags while I am there. I think last time I went (a year ago) they had Glock factory mags for about $20 per in a big bin.

Ammo I can get elsewhere at good prices. I'll probably finger a few new guns, too. I have this crazy itch for a .45 lately.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I can probably be there for show open around 3 PM Friday. Anyone who wants to meet up with me prior at Willard's or anywhere else PM me.

All I am looking for is mags. Hope they have decent prices on 30 rnd Pmags. Maybe a few Glock mags while I am there. I think last time I went (a year ago) they had Glock factory mags for about $20 per in a big bin.

Ammo I can get elsewhere at good prices. I'll probably finger a few new guns, too. I have this crazy itch for a .45 lately.

I havent seen the guy with the huge glock display this year.

If you need Pmags, get them from Dennis A. Todd, he usually has the best prices. And a bunch of class 3 goodies to look at.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I havent seen the guy with the huge glock display this year.

If you need Pmags, get them from Dennis A. Todd, he usually has the best prices. And a bunch of class 3 goodies to look at.

Thanks. Does he have a booth with his name or a company name?

I can order the Glock mags, as they are all under 20 rnds anyway.

Rifle mags are my main interest...in a perfect world I'd get good prices on 30 rnd 7.62x39 and 5.56, plus a few 50 round PS90s.

We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom