• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I know I'm late on Glock knifes, but I just discovered them. Model 78 & 81, nice blades for the money. The 78 is discontinued but you can find them on ebay.

Attachments

• 20180106_003601.jpg
      20180106_003601.jpg
      60.2 KB · Views: 365

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Is that a Cattaraugus or a Case to the right of the Ka-Bars?

That is actually a Kinfolks . Got that one in a box of knives listed on Craigslist for $40 . Saw that one sticking out from under all the junk knives in the picture .

Cool! Got a favorite?

(Is that a shoe collection I see in the corner of the frame? LOL. We do the same thing here.)

Mostly all the WWII knives , and yes that is our shoe collection , one pile of them anyway lol.

Sweet! Do I see some Randall's and M3's? Never got the chance to get a Randall.
    Yes sir there is a Randall there and a few more not pictured , I have two #1s and two #14s. There is a M3 there as well again a few more not pictured I have 4 or 5 five of them all blade marked or blade dated one in the M6 sheath .

That pic was just one tote full there are a few more totes of WWII knives and bayonets , two boxes of folders mostly WWI-II issue an old CASE , Camillus Utica and the like pocket knives , Benchmades etc etc .... and a large ammo crate full of axes , tomahawks and machetes. The list goes on you of all people here know how it is lol .

I need to make display cases for the walls lol .

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    A display case of your WWII bayonets would be super sweet. I was thinking of one with either a Grand or a 1903A3 on top.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    More info please

It's called a Kanekoma Higonokami. The family who owns the company is a family of blacksmiths who can trace their lineage back to forging Samurai swords during the Feudal Japanese era. In any event they made these simple, inexpensive working knives as well and have been a staple of Japanese culture for centuries. It's one of the oldest folding pocket knife designs.

Search Nagao Higonokami or simply Higonokami knife. The prices range from $20 upwards starting with SK steel and moving to Super Blue. I chose this Kanekoma in the $65 range because it features Japanese white steel which sharpens to a razors edge. It's a high carbon steel. While not having as good an edge rentention as Japanese blue, white will get sharper. No problem for me maintaining an edge as I typically polish on a strop once a week. They are known as friction folders. They do not have a locking mechanism just your thumb. There is something called a modern Higonokami which I believe is liner lock. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Yes sir there is a Randall there and a few more not pictured , I have two #1s and two #14s. There is a M3 there as well again a few more not pictured I have 4 or 5 five of them all blade marked or blade dated one in the M6 sheath .

That pic was just one tote full there are a few more totes of WWII knives and bayonets , two boxes of folders mostly WWI-II issue an old CASE , Camillus Utica and the like pocket knives , Benchmades etc etc .... and a large ammo crate full of axes , tomahawks and machetes. The list goes on you of all people here know how it is lol .

I need to make display cases for the walls lol .

Very nice, for display I highly recommend pegboard if you have a wall you can use. At Home Depot they sell 8' x 4' sheets of pegboard, and they have the mounting kits. I doubled up on the mounting kits and used extra long screws through the drywall and into the 2x4 framing to make it extra strong. You can hang anything and everything on it with the right pegs including guns.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    It's called a Kanekoma Higonokami. The family who owns the company is a family of blacksmiths who can trace their lineage back to forging Samurai swords during the Feudal Japanese era. In any event they made these simple, inexpensive working knives as well and have been a staple of Japanese culture for centuries. It's one of the oldest folding pocket knife designs.

Search Nagao Higonokami or simply Higonokami knife. The prices range from $20 upwards starting with SK steel and moving to Super Blue. I chose this Kanekoma in the $65 range because it features Japanese white steel which sharpens to a razors edge. It's a high carbon steel. While not having as good an edge rentention as Japanese blue, white will get sharper. No problem for me maintaining an edge as I typically polish on a strop once a week. They are known as friction folders. They do not have a locking mechanism just your thumb. There is something called a modern Higonokami which I believe is liner lock. Hope this helps!

Thank you sir she sure is beautiful so I was curious :party29:

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Very nice, for display I highly recommend pegboard if you have a wall you can use. At Home Depot they sell 8' x 4' sheets of pegboard, and they have the mounting kits. I doubled up on the mounting kits and used extra long screws through the drywall and into the 2x4 framing to make it extra strong. You can hang anything and everything on it with the right pegs including guns.

I was thinking about making cases with shelves out of old pallet wood to hang on the walls . Some sort of combination of these just bigger .

Attachments

• 1fa574c7dd7d16ebe38e5600a65e237a.jpg
      1fa574c7dd7d16ebe38e5600a65e237a.jpg
      14.2 KB · Views: 430
    • 6f682862e022dbd4a958be35f05c7fd9.jpg
      6f682862e022dbd4a958be35f05c7fd9.jpg
      48.9 KB · Views: 436
    • pocket-knife-display-case-with-lock-hunting-knife-knife-display-knife-display-case-wwii-knife-di.jpg
      pocket-knife-display-case-with-lock-hunting-knife-knife-display-knife-display-case-wwii-knife-di.jpg
      67.7 KB · Views: 464

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.

Sparked my interest as to what the rest of the Kanji on the blade was.
    For those interested 肥後守
    https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/肥後守

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    I vote spyderco!
    Pic thread- not a spyderco. Lionsteel

Attachments

• 38FB871D-1A40-49A0-9BA7-2608081B56DC.jpg
      38FB871D-1A40-49A0-9BA7-2608081B56DC.jpg
      92.5 KB · Views: 391

Users who are viewing this thread