• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    They're not that readily available and I can get a better price on the SA than retail. I'd rather pay the extra for a US made gun, since it won't be ridiculously more.
    Both very nice looking pistols. Thanks OP for the heads up thread. Funny, right after you posted I got an email alert from Springfield on this as well. I’ll be in the market shortly for a 10mm, thinking Delta Elite, Ruger, this Springfield, or now this Rock Island. This thread wil help......mostly.

To those that are posting now about “my 45’s better”, “it’s too expensive “, or whatever - this thread isn’t for you. Please move along. Why is it almost mandatory for MDS posters to fill these threads with continually contrary opinions that have nothing whatsoever to do with the original post? You’re probably correct in your assertions, but the thread isn’t about “what’s your opinion”, it’s about “here’s a new pistol from Springfield in 10mm if anyone would like to look into it”. Nobody asked if the 45 was better, or cheaper. This afternoon I was discussing with another member this exact MDS member practice, and how I’ve grown weary of it over the last 9 months of membership. I’m sure there’s never any malice behind it, but for Pete’s sake it’s getting aggravating.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    Both very nice looking pistols. Thanks OP for the heads up thread. Funny, right after you posted I got an email alert from Springfield on this as well. I’ll be in the market shortly for a 10mm, thinking Delta Elite, Ruger, this Springfield, or now this Rock Island. This thread wil help......mostly.

To those that are posting now about “my 45’s better”, “it’s too expensive “, or whatever - this thread isn’t for you. Please move along. Why is it almost mandatory for MDS posters to fill these threads with continually contrary opinions that have nothing whatsoever to do with the original post? You’re probably correct in your assertions, but the thread isn’t about “what’s your opinion”, it’s about “here’s a new pistol from Springfield in 10mm if anyone would like to look into it”. Nobody asked if the 45 was better, or cheaper. This afternoon I was discussing with another member this exact MDS member practice, and how I’ve grown weary of it over the last 9 months of membership. I’m sure there’s never any malice behind it, but for Pete’s sake it’s getting aggravating.

Get use to it ;) this is a gun forum and everyone is entitled to share their opinion on whatever thread they wish!

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    At 1800+ MSRP no thanks!i know there are plenty of those who have the privilege to spend that much like nothing but i rather take a 45acp which is half the price for a 10mm.

Quantico Tactical has the 45 ACP versions of the TRP for $1317 and $1384. They have the 10mm versions on preorder for $1432 and $1473. $115 or $89 for railed versions in a better caliber :innocent0

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I had the components to build a 10mm 1911 once. Sold them all. Bought a Glock 10mm (m20), never shot it before I sold it. I have all the components again to build a 10mm 1911. Problem I've been having with this build is the very similar ballistics of the 10mm to the 45 Super (sectional density and similar factors aside). I could use the same gun with entirely different loadings using a well built properly sprung 1911. But looks like I am going though with the 10mm this time. The commitment was the finish reamer and the slide - the slide was 'spensive!

callidus

May 21, 2013
    Maryland
    Wouldn’t reward Springfield with a nickel of business after their antics in Illinois.

My sentiments exactly. They're up there with several other companies that have shown they don't give a crap about their consumers, or the 2A community.

I'd happily take another 10mm 1911 after I save up a few pennies.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Got to handle the standard 5” model today. I missed the 6” model as someone bought it before I could get to the shop to check it out. To be honest, it was a nice pistol. It had a solid slide to frame fit, trigger pull was clean with little slop, finish was nice, and overall I was impressed.
    However, I just didn’t see any way how it was better than other offerings on the market. I can’t remember the price but I believe it was $1500 or $1600. The owner told me the longslide was $50 more.
    So overall it was a nice pistol, but not for the selling price. Just my $.02.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I am completely happy with my old fashion .45

i-bZtXdt9-XL.jpg
    Beautiful grips and bluing. If this bluing is characteristic of the SA TRP Operator line, I might start shopping for one given other positive reviews.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

carpentermatt

Feb 9, 2009
    The TRP comes in either a Stainless finish or what Springfield calls their Armory Kote which is a spray on finish. Armory Kote is a tough finish but I had my full rail TRP hard chromed since I carry it and wanted maximum durability in a finish.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Not even two weeks after I got the one without the RMR. Looks like I'll be getting another one :innocent0

Haha! Isn’t that the way it works though? I am strongly considering picking up one, or more, of these Springfields.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom