• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    An M27 isn’t a bad way to start the Finnish Collection.

Yeah, the more I learn about them the more interesting they get. Mine is a 1928 dated rifle with the bolt "wing" cuts, unfortunately the bolt is a later bolt without the wings. From what I can tell it wears a wartime replacement stock (could be wrong about that) with a later popsicle stick nose cap. Thinking about a 28/30 when I expand the Finnish collection...

IMG_E0068[1].jpg

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Yeah, the more I learn about them the more interesting they get. Mine is a 1928 dated rifle with the bolt "wing" cuts, unfortunately the bolt is a later bolt without the wings. From what I can tell it wears a wartime replacement stock (could be wrong about that) with a later popsicle stick nose cap. Thinking about a 28/30 when I expand the Finnish collection...

View attachment 222360

Nice M27! You're going to need to save up your pennies to buy a 28/30 these days...

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    2017 was a banner year for me but not for my bank account. I prob added 30 to 40 things this past year. I dont regret any of them and while i might have sold about 10 things i had from before 2017, im good with that also.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    2017 was a banner year for me but not for my bank account. I prob added 30 to 40 things this past year. I dont regret any of them and while i might have sold about 10 things i had from before 2017, im good with that also.

If history tells anything, from what I see you wheel and deal, you simply have more potential energy with your collection is all.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    ok, 2017 is at a close
    I know there are some (or at least 1) of you that have purchased a C&R and it has not come in yet, there are others who have purchased C&R during 2017 and have had the chance to look the acquisition over and try them out.
    What did you get?
    What are your favorites?
    Anything you got rid of cause you were not fond of, was a duplicate it or simply needed funds?
    What are you in search of in 2018?

SEE: Oldcarjunkie for all of the above....:innocent0

:lol::lol: All true

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    If history tells anything, from what I see you wheel and deal, you simply have more potential energy with your collection is all.

Yeah there was nothing i sold i didnt like but more that i was not using them or I wanted something else more. I am going to let my Colt Python go here real soon as i am looking for a nice used 2008+ Sequoia. I might even let a few older things go as id like to have 2-4K cash deposit and I will prob trade or sell my Honda S2000 as well. So if anyone is looking for one let me know.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    2017 wasn't a huge year for me but I managed to add several things that I was looking for.

Venezuelan FN-49- Only had it a few months and then traded it off. South American Stuff just doesn't do it for me.

MAS Mle. 1873

Swiss M1889

Austro-Hungarian Capture Berdan II- My personal favorite of the year.

Remington M1903A3

Matching Arisaka Type 38 Carbine

2 Swiss K31's- Both with Tags, one with a matching bayonet. One I put a Swiss made W+F Diopter on

DCM Springfield M1 Garand

FN Mauser Sporter in .30-06

2 Glocks

Bulgarian Makarov

All Matching/Correct Nagoya 7th Series Type 99

Swiss K11 Carbine with Matching Bayonet & Soldier's Tag

Swiss M1863/67 Milbank-Amsler Breechloader

YOU ARE ...... MilsurpDan! wait...... GLOCKS?

Glocks are Ghey :innocent0

Id like to have the K11 though :D:

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Finding/purchasing really depends on what your goals are... shooter, collector, etc.
    As Melnic says - you typically have to work hard to dig out good collector-grade stuff nowadays,
    or buy from a reputable dealer who does that for you :)
    There's a lot of over-priced crap on GB, auction arms, etc but there are also some gems -
    it takes knowledge, time and patience, and not a little bit of luck to ferret those out (same could be said of shows as well).

Shooter-grade surplus isn't really my thing so not sure where good reliable sources are for those,
    although lots of it on GB - but you really need to know what you're doing to avoid the screwage.

The over-arching theme is... knowledge is power.
    Buy books, go to specialty forums, ask questions, etc and get smart on the stuff you want to buy.

You mean like Facebook???

:-D

Ive gotten some real good deals on FB in the last few years. Unfortunately they have cracked down so you cant do sales in public but there are ways to list and for folks to PM you or the chat group Pm's that folks tag you in where me and Abulg both scored pretty good.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Just as luck would have it, I gave up my C&R because I had stopped buying any more Garands. Now I've got deals coming my way that I thought I would never be interested in. Things can't be simple, can they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom