• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I was looking for an SKS, but all were way to overpriced for their condition. I'm still looking for one if anyone can help me out.

If you can find a transfer agent, Century has really decent 59/66's in VG condition for $170 (shipping will run $12.) When I spoke to them about a month ago they had a few in Excellent (almost unissued) grade for $180, but they might be out by now.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    If you can find a transfer agent, Century has really decent 59/66's in VG condition for $170 (shipping will run $12.) When I spoke to them about a month ago they had a few in Excellent (almost unissued) grade for $180, but they might be out by now.

Repair Man, I'd suggest spending the money you'd spend on the transfer fee and get a C&R license. That way you can have the SKS shipped to your door, not to mention saving money on most other things from various companies.

repair-man

Mar 27, 2007
    SW MD
    Repair Man, I'd suggest spending the money you'd spend on the transfer fee and get a C&R license. That way you can have the SKS shipped to your door, not to mention saving money on most other things from various companies.

I plan on it. But, I got a month until I'm 21. I'm just impatient, that's all. :lol2:

madmattmd

Aug 17, 2006
    The Frozen North
    Cpl. Cornbeef,

Why don’t you apply for “Collector” status from the MSP? Most gun shops have the form (I have copies and can mail one to you) and all it cost is the stamp. Fill out the form, mail it in, and within two weeks (generally), you get your letter from the MSP designating you as a “collector.” Put the letter in a safe place for future reference if needed. From then on, you just check off the “designated collector” box on the MSP forms when purchasing a regulated firearm (handgun, dreaded AW) and you can buy as many as you want, no limit.

Let me know if you need the form.

Matt

madmattmd

Aug 17, 2006
    The Frozen North
    OOPS! :sad20: Sorry for the somewhat duplicate post about designated collector status. It would appear I didn't check the second page of the responses and missed the excellent subsequent postings.

Mea culpa,
    Matt

Cpl. Cornbeef

May 22, 2007
    Frederick
    OOPS! :sad20: Sorry for the somewhat duplicate post about designated collector status. It would appear I didn't check the second page of the responses and missed the excellent subsequent postings.

Mea culpa,
    Matt

No Prob, I sent off the paperwork a few days ago and I am anxiously awaiting the stamp of approval. Thanks for your help anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom