• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I haven't posted a 'best buy' knife in a while. Just haven't found one that I felt was a good enough deal to post, until now.

This knife has a wonderful story, and is being offered right now on Massdrop for $125:

http://dro.ps/b/HRbfx79/l

MD-35357_20170411161102_5570d056ec83b3ef.jpg

page_20170419105825.jpg

Massdrop x Ferrum Forge Falcon S35VN Folding Knife

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Things I especially like:

- Awesome S35VN blade (arguably the best EDC knife blade material available)

- The blade (cutting edge is sub 2.5"), so it is technically legal to carry into a federal building, or nearly any place else (except maybe an airplane)

- It's a flipper and the flipper tab doubles has a finger protector, includes a groove and gap so you can flip it open with another finger in what I call the power grip (best for a folding knife intended also as a defensive blade)

- Looks super strong and well made, fantastic design and build

- The story of these very high end designers, collaboration with Massdrop, and fact that they are able to produce a knife of this quality at this price, is amazing

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Chinese made I believe , would rather spend money on US made benchmade or similar personally. I know I can send my benchmades back to manufacture if something should ever happen, or heck they even will sharpen them for free if need be via ever sharp program.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Chinese made I believe , would rather spend money on US made benchmade or similar personally. I know I can send my benchmades back to manufacture if something should ever happen, or heck they even will sharpen them for free if need be via ever sharp program.

True. I agree, and they are very up front about that, it's a production knife. The difference is, that instead of Chinese companies 'illegally' making poor quality knock-off's (cutting corners, doing anything they want), these premium, custom, American knife makers decided to contract with high quality manufactures in China to make an affordable production of one of their designs. I think they are trying to get ahead of the growing problem of cheap Chinese knockoffs, and offer one that is competitive in price with knock-offs, but is still licensed and they have control over where/how it's produced/sold and quality control. I believe this is the best compromise, until or unless cheap labor and manufactoring comes back to America (not likely), but who knows, Trump just signed another Executive Order the other day called 'Buy America First'; so things are looking up!
    http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2017/0...ire-American-an-order-to-put-US-workers-first

Here's what Massdrop and others say about this issue:

From Jonas Heineman, Blades Community: "Some products are best in class, and some redefine the class. If you have never carried a pocket knife, this is for you. If you're hip to EDC but ballin' on a budget and only buy one knife this year, make it this one. If you have an extensive and highly-curated collection, add this to it. There simply is not a better-designed, better-built titanium framelock folder available for close to this price, period. Ferrum Forge is a top-tier custom knife shop, WE Knife is a highly-respected manufacturer, Crucible's S35VN is a premium steel, and the complete package is unbeatable. I didn't design it, and I didn't make it, but dang am I proud to be part of hatching this bird and watching it leave the nest.”
    S35VN Steel, Titanium Frame Lock

Custom-knife feel at a production-knife price. That’s the idea behind the Massdrop x Ferrum Forge Falcon. Designed by Ferrum Forge Knife Works, a two-man operation out of San Diego known for producing small batches of custom knives, this folder is small enough to take anywhere, yet rugged enough to open boxes, cut rope, slice food, and much more. The blade is made from S35VN stainless steel for excellent edge retention and resistance to corrosion. It flips open effortlessly thanks to the caged bearing system—a mechanism used in nearly all of Ferrum Forge’s custom knives. The 6AL4V titanium handle is both lightweight and strong. Bead blasted to a smooth gray finish, it complements the satin blade nicely. A 3D-machined titanium clip is reversible for righties and lefties.

Note: The Massdrop x Ferrum Forge Falcon will be produced by WE Knife: an OEM in China with the state-of-the-art equipment and processes necessary to achieve near-custom quality at production prices.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Documentary about Chinese manufacturing:

"The common complaint that the Chinese are taking jobs away from American workers is in many cases true. China has lifted 300 million people out of poverty in less than a generation That's a population, pretty much the size of the United States. The name of the game now is to bring the remaining billion out of poverty and they are going to be our competitors for oil, they are going to be our competitors for water. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom