• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    For my anger management. I wanted to vent. Why has is this forum's pic upload feature so retarded? No matter what I do, it still posts my pics upside down. Is there anything that can be done by the admin? Change or update it? Just very frustrating. Thanks.

Btw, I won't check this post. So fire away MDSers.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    No flames from me. This is the only forum I can’t figure out how to post pictures on even following the simple instructions.

Have no problems anywhere else. Need someone smarter to show me how.

Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    For my anger management. I wanted to vent. Why has is this forum's pic upload feature so retarded? No matter what I do, it still posts my pics upside down. Is there anything that can be done by the admin? Change or update it? Just very frustrating. Thanks.

Btw, I won't check this post. So fire away MDSers.

I assume you're using an Apple iPhone to take pictures. This is a known problem. Apple only supports taking pictures one way... that is by holding the phone in landscape with the home button on the right.

nomade

Apr 26, 2014
    I assume you're using an Apple iPhone to take pictures. This is a known problem. Apple only supports taking pictures one way... that is by holding the phone in landscape with the home button on the right.

I have the same issue, but I use android.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Although I said I was not gonna check back, I did.

I use a Samsung S7.
    It works 50% of the time. The camera never flips it wrong. Even if I check it before posting and see it's wrong. Then edit it, it's still posts backwards.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

Does it to me randomly. Android user.

MDS dont discriminate on upside down and sideways pics :cool:

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Test
    Bottom on right, then button on left. Let's see?

Attachments

• 20180509_202537.jpg
      20180509_202537.jpg
      56.3 KB · Views: 380
    • 20180509_202542.jpg
      20180509_202542.jpg
      24.1 KB · Views: 362

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Not rocket surgery. It just posts the image with the original file orientation. You can just crop the picture and save a new copy to post in the correct orientation and it'll post fine.

Attachments

• 11223476_1175696919123483_2933241278165329315_n.jpg
      11223476_1175696919123483_2933241278165329315_n.jpg
      5.8 KB · Views: 217

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Not rocket surgery. It just posts the image with the original file orientation. You can just crop the picture and save a new copy to post in the correct orientation and it'll post fine.

You must be a rocket scientist...:)
    I don't see that as am option on my phone or the forum. Where is such an option?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

That would make sense. However I take every single picture on my phone with the same orientation but it still posts sideways from time to time.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Y'all who cannot upload pics to your posts in the correct orientation will get no sympathy from this Hooligan. Over the years I have no clue how many "Hooligan Shoot" and other pics I've posted.
    But, it's been a lot.

A couple of suggestions:
    • There is a "Preview Post" option. It allows you to see what you're posting before you do. You might want to try using it? ;)
    • Uploading Pics from a PC is simple. What you see on your PC is what you get.
    • Pics taken with IPhone and IPad devices can often have different orientations depending on the device. But the pics are not hard to rotate on the device.
    • Back to my first point: Preview your uploads. If you need to re-orient a pic - delete it from your post, fix it, and upload it again.

Honestly? It really ain't all that hard to do...

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom