• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • airbornetrooper

Nov 9, 2017
    VA
    I have a Blue Sky carbine that is just fine. Always a good shooter, and the barrel stamp is no where near as bad as the huge billboards we've come to accept on receivers. No, it doesn't deform the rifling.

If I could get a little plutonium to recharge my flux capacitor, I'd go back and buy a truck load of those Blue Sky imports.

I owned a Blue Sky Quality Hardware and had no complaints. The rifles got a bad rap, but I agree the import mark isn't nearly as horrible as the dot matrixes companies like CAI use now.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I owned a Blue Sky Quality Hardware and had no complaints. The rifles got a bad rap, but I agree the import mark isn't nearly as horrible as the dot matrixes companies like CAI use now.

Id buy one for a shooter or swap barrels. M1 carbine barrels are still fairly cheap and easy to find and easy to change. I agree the "rumors" of hard stamping to compress the bore are probably myth.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Greentop had at least one Sunday when I️ was there. Rockol i believe bit it was expensive, somewhere around $1200

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Greentop had at least one Sunday when I️ was there. Rockol i believe bit it was expensive, somewhere around $1200

Depending on the condition/features that's not out of market for a Rockola. They are some of the most expensive. Presuming its GI Rockola and not "repop" Rockola (aka James River Armory) and inland (rebooted not sure who is backing it). I suspect these are not bad guns but with reasonably priced originals still on the market I would go USGI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom