• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    My understanding is that there are two different LV versions, and that it's not really an early vs later distinction. One was for the Spanish marines, which has a drum rear sight and is sometimes seen sporting an after-market mount for optics. .....

All the pictures of this gun have the early long handguard. They are not the later standard handguard. I think that was an early or pre-production gun or... I think most are the versions Apex brought in.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    All the pictures of this gun have the early long handguard. They are not the later standard handguard. I think that was an early or pre-production gun or... I think most are the versions Apex brought in.
    First, I'm not really trying to say the "marine LV" was a model made before or after the "DMR LV". I'm saying that the "marine LV" is not an earlier version of the "DMR LV". They're two separate models that, oddly, have the same name.

Second, I've seen at least a couple pictures of "marine LVs" with "new-style" handguards. It wouldn't shock me if they weren't factory, of course - kinda like how you see M16A1s running around with A2 handguards sometimes. But I wouldn't assume no new "marine LVs" were ever made.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    First, I'm not really trying to say the "marine LV" was a model made before or after the "DMR LV". I'm saying that the "marine LV" is not an earlier version of the "DMR LV". They're two separate models that, oddly, have the same name.

Second, I've seen at least a couple pictures of "marine LVs" with "new-style" handguards. It wouldn't shock me if they weren't factory, of course - kinda like how you see M16A1s running around with A2 handguards sometimes. But I wouldn't assume no new "marine LVs" were ever made.

Got any pictures?

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Bumping this up to the top, got mine finished and up and running the other day.

It's a fun little toy absolutely no recoil at all!

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    What a fantastic thread, Ian sighting and all. Ian's video series is a fantastic walkthrough of what's actually needed to bring one of these junk piles back to life, and in a lot of ways, it seems like a far simpler build than even an AK can be.

For anyone who's interested in taking the CETME build plunge, Apex has the model C (7.62/.308) parts kits on sale for $124 a pop. I just snagged a couple of them.

Now, what we REALLY need is someone with the time/money/tooling expertise to make an Stgw 57 flat...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I still have a CETME LV parts kit and the optics (HUGE BARGAIN), but need a barrel... anyone still selling those, or am I just gonna need to buy a 93 barrel and turn it down?

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I still have a CETME LV parts kit and the optics (HUGE BARGAIN), but need a barrel... anyone still selling those, or am I just gonna need to buy a 93 barrel and turn it down?

Do you have the flat and semi parts kit? I think I am going to have a spare flat, semi parts, and a Gen 2 barrel.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    None of the above. Sounds like you might have a buyer. ;)

Sounds good. Stuff we ordered from HMG is still at a friends house so probably wouldn't be able to deal with it until I stop by MD again. If you aren't in a rush we can probably work something out.

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    Oh man, I completely forgot until I saw this that smdub still has a couple of my flats...

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Yeah, I handed off the stack to Matt to get them bulk engraved. I think he's making as much progress on them as I did ;)

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Yeah, I handed off the stack to Matt to get them bulk engraved. I think he's making as much progress on them as I did ;)

Yeah, guilty. I was waiting to get a LC parts kit, so I could get it engraved accordingly. Well that parts kit has been a lot harder to find than I thought!

I did just buy one of those MarColMar CETME Ls. Probably do a LV from them too. Probably skip the builds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom