• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Many with security guard permits for work, tout that they have a carry permit thus eluding to that they can carry outside of their work realm, like someone who has one under G&S.

Many here speak about them like they are synonymous.

As I understand the only difference is that for work, it will be restricted to work circumstance.

There is only one permit in MD. A WEAR and Carry Permit. Only difference is the restrictions.

And they are ALL issued with an accepted G&S Reason to have the permit.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    As I understand the only difference is that for work, it will be restricted to work circumstance.

There is only one permit in MD. A WEAR and Carry Permit. Only difference is the restrictions.

And they are ALL issued with an accepted G&S Reason to have the permit.

Ah. Got it. So..... when someone gets one as a security guard, that is held in the same value, hard work, blood, sweat & tears as someone who went through the HPRB to attain theirs?

I am talking about the security dolt who says they have their permit too. For me, them saying that in the company of those here who FOUGHT for theirs, doesn't carry the same weight.

Ah. Got it. So..... when someone gets one as a security guard, that is held in the same value, hard work, blood, sweat & tears as someone who went through the HPRB to attain theirs?

I am talking about the security dolt who says they have their permit too. For me, them saying that in the company of those here who FOUGHT for theirs, doesn't carry the same weight.

In your opinion it doesn't carry the same weight. In the eyes of the law, they are identical- just different restrictions.
    When I lived in PA (home state) I had a PA License To Carry Firearms for protection (PA calls CCW/W&C/etc. a LTCF) I also had a PA State Police ACT235 certification which also allowed me to carry a firearm in the course of business (armored truck, armed bank security, bodyguard, etc.) The laws are different from state to state. Maryland only has once license for civilians who carry firearms.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Md only has one system and one card.

Pa and Va have different cards, different processes, andinistered by different gov't agencies for professionals ( ie security industry & related ) and regular citizens.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have seen posts where people differentiate between "disapprovals" and "denials."

If one is still unsuccessful at the HPRB level, does that result in an affirmation of the "disapproval," or does it result in a "denial"?
    the last level of appeal is the District Circuit Court. If you appeal there, IMO it's not either until a final ruling comes from the court. Like a conviction on a crime is not entered until an appeal is final. Ask Aaron Hernandez. oh wait. He is an unconvinced man in his last murder charge as far as MA is concerned.

for purposes of answering the question on another state's CCW app as to whether you'ev ever been revoked or DENIED, a disapproval is not a denial IMO, and MSP bolds the word disapproved in the letter I got. which was lack of G&S, as a denial would mean you are prohibited in some way. Again, IMO. A disapproval is an administrative term used to indicate discretion. I have answered in the negative on more than one application without difficulty.

just my opinion

But IANAL.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    In your opinion it doesn't carry the same weight. In the eyes of the law, they are identical- just different restrictions.
    When I lived in PA (home state) I had a PA License To Carry Firearms for protection (PA calls CCW/W&C/etc. a LTCF) I also had a PA State Police ACT235 certification which also allowed me to carry a firearm in the course of business (armored truck, armed bank security, bodyguard, etc.) The laws are different from state to state. Maryland only has once license for civilians who carry firearms.

I get it. You don't. PHYSICALLY it is one card. Sure. That's not my point. The way one GETS their card is different. In the eyes of the law it IS different. Just ask someone who had to fight for theirs through denial and appeal and someone who applies for a 10 buck an hour security job who says " Oh I have my permit".
    That's the same huh?

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    I get it. You don't. PHYSICALLY it is one card. Sure. That's not my point. The way one GETS their card is different. In the eyes of the law it IS different. Just ask someone who had to fight for theirs through denial and appeal and someone who applies for a 10 buck an hour security job who says " Oh I have my permit".
    That's the same huh?

I think the point you trying to make here is that the armed security guard can only carry while actively engaged in his security duties and usually not even to or fro, from what i've read here. While the lets say Business owners who have a permit have a small amount of more latitude in which they can carry.

If i'm wrong about your intent I do apologize. Just trying to help.:D

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I think the point you trying to make here is that the armed security guard can only carry while actively engaged in his security duties and usually not even to or fro, from what i've read here. While the lets say Business owners who have a permit have a small amount of more latitude in which they can carry.

If i'm wrong about your intent I do apologize. Just trying to help.:D

Nah you're cool.That's true. But not what I am trying to say.

I swear. I cannot believe this conversation would be this difficult in person, but I believe it would be. I feel like I am on a BMW tech forum. :D

Thumper07

May 2, 2017
    Anne arundel county
    A caveat to the Maryland CCW permit issue considers active duty military who, recently, had all there personal information leaked to persons unknown. I was able to prove a substantially good reason and was issued a permit. From flash to bang it toook 95 days.

Thumper07

May 2, 2017
    Anne arundel county
    A caveat to the Maryland CCW permit issue considers active duty military who, recently, had all there personal information leaked to persons unknown. I was able to prove a substantially good reason and was issued a permit. From flash to bang it toook 95 days.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    the last level of appeal is the District Circuit Court. If you appeal there, IMO it's not either until a final ruling comes from the court. Like a conviction on a crime is not entered until an appeal is final. Ask Aaron Hernandez. oh wait. He is an unconvinced man in his last murder charge as far as MA is concerned.

for purposes of answering the question on another state's CCW app as to whether you'ev ever been revoked or DENIED, a disapproval is not a denial IMO, and MSP bolds the word disapproved in the letter I got. which was lack of G&S, as a denial would mean you are prohibited in some way. Again, IMO. A disapproval is an administrative term used to indicate discretion. I have answered in the negative on more than one application without difficulty.

just my opinion

But IANAL.

Some letters say denied in them, even for lack of good and substantial.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    well, mine did not. It said disapproved, which is why MSP chose to use that word.

Point being a disapproval is not a denial.

doublins

Dec 16, 2015
    AA County

Not just active duty military. Many of us who do cleared contract work and were victims of the OPM data breach have successfully obtained W&C permits under personal protection.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    well, mine did not. It said disapproved, which is why MSP chose to use that word.

Point being a disapproval is not a denial.

I'm not trying to disagree with you, maybe something has changed, maybe there inconsistent, but my denial says "denied", not "disproved".

Attachments

• denial redacted.pdf
      996.1 KB · Views: 169

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Correct. If you live out of state but own a business in MD or are an employee of said business. Welder516's brother has a non res MD permit.

Stoveman is correct my brother has a permit to carry in Maryland , it is the same as my permit . No different wording then a regular permit .

A Md. permit does not have an address on it of residence , so if he has an encounter with a police he is subject by the same rules , he would also produce his driver's lic. as well . ( i know we are a No Duty to inform )

Same laws apply . BTW he is a Delaware resident with a DE. permit as well

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I'm not trying to disagree with you, maybe something has changed, maybe there inconsistent, but my denial says "denied", not "disproved".
    and I'm not disagreeing with your facts. My point is and continues to be that there is a difference between a disapproval and a denial.

if someone asks have you been DENIED in my case I can truthfully answer no.

That's the same huh?

I refuse to get into a pissing match with you. Last time you started one the ban hammer fell for PUI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom