• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    For those looking to help responsible noobs with a shotgun purchase, looks like Atlantic Guns in MoCo just got in a skid full of Weatherby tactical 12ga pumps, PA-459 TR 19". No, I don't know the price.

Attachments

• weatherby.jpg
      weatherby.jpg
      122.1 KB · Views: 809

HarryLogan

HarryLogan, also known as MesWoore
    Jan 16, 2020
    I have found that educating anti-gunners on the practicality of certain taboo firearms like an AR15, that I can generally get them to agree that they serve a purpose in a civilian capacity.

Most people I know cannot operate a handgun confidently or effectively under severe stress. I train regularly, but I still have my doubts of my own ability.

I was robbed in my own house at gun and knife point (2 assailants) in college around 2009 (was dumb and opened my front door). I remember being absolutely paralyzed in fear. I remember hardly being able to move let alone get coherent words out. Thankfully I survived that incident with only some minor PTSD. After moving into a new area I purchased my first two firearms.

Long story short, my HD weapon of choice is a braced AR pistol with 10.3 inch barrel, suppressor, red dot, and OWL flashlight. Why? Because I can use it effectively and safely with almost zero brain power. My fiance also can use it very easily. Not to mention 55gr ball's propensity to not over penetrate through barriers well.

My mom is the typical "you don't need an AR15, but shotguns and hunting rifles are ok". So I gave her my 12g with 8 pellet 00 buck and she nearly cried after one shot. I gave her my glock 17 and she coudn't hit a damn thing, I gave her my ruger mk4 which she liked but is not ideal for defense, so then I let her shoot 2 of my AR15's and she was ringing 8 inch steel at 40 yards with ease.

Most people would agree that if you are to arm yourself that you should get the most effective tool for the job. And by effective I mean the right compromise (for your situation) between knockdown power, ease of use, and collateral damage considerations.

She has since changed her mind on AR15's.

Glad you are okay after that. Life changing experience for sure.

LittleBill

Mar 14, 2020
    You and I would be the minority here.
    Well, I'm apparently in that minority with you two. These people aren't going to change, not their minds, not their way of life, not their allegiances. They wont sacrifice for the better of the group unless it's their groups, of which we are not a part. They're not going to delve deeply into the 2A, they're just scared rabbits and they think running into that hole in the barrel of that thing they just bought is gonna save them, wrong, THEYVE done so much damage at this point its gonna take some sacrifice to fix it and that's not what they're about.

Let's see how many of the very same politicians get right back in office next time around and that should tell who's right here and who isnt.

LittleBill

Mar 14, 2020
    I'm guessing the majority of the people who are "liberals" looking for guns are not exactly liberal but apolitical OR people who do not engage in politics but might hold common socially liberal views. The liberals I know would rather move out of a house than be in one with any type of gun.

It doesnt matter to me whether they are liberals or apolitical types who have not participated in any way in the preservation of our Republic they are just as much to blame for our current state of decay.

Again, I'm all out of fuc%$ to give to any of these people. Can I forgive any of them? Depends on their future actions and the outcome, and when I say future actions, I mean long term, not for just buying a damn gun and a box of bullets, that dont mean $#!+ to me and it doesnt make you my friend.

Like I said at the outset of this, I'm sorry I have to present myself as a non-caring, unforgiving *******, I'm not but THIS is serious, deadly serious my friends. But then most of us already know this and believe me, the creatures herding the sheep other side feels the same way.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    For those looking to help responsible noobs with a shotgun purchase, looks like Atlantic Guns in MoCo just got in a skid full of Weatherby tactical 12ga pumps, PA-459 TR 19". No, I don't know the price.

Those particular Weatherby's look just like my TriStar Raptor. Though the Weatherby is a pump.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    In Va, the POS signed Universal Background Checks, Gun Rationing Bill

Forgot to add: on Good Friday, he signed the abortion bill.

There's a frozen lake somewhere, just waiting for that pos. It's tempting to do something bad, just to watch...:mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom