Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Preppers
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old Yesterday, 03:43 AM #141
piled higher and deeper

piled higher and deeper

Not sure how we got on the refrigerated trucks in the postal thread (lol, maybe it was me, haven't checked), but it might have had an impact on Trump ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...a6d_story.html

Quote:
Trump said he was convinced by data modeling presented to him by two physicians advising him on the pandemic Anthony S. Fauci, the longtime director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and Deborah L. Birx, the White House coronavirus task force coordinator that the death rate in this country probably will not peak for another two weeks.

Nothing would be worse than declaring victory before the victory is won, Trump said at his evening news conference. That would be the greatest loss of all.

The prospect of 2 million deaths seemed to stick with Trump because he repeated the statistic 16 times at Sundays news conference.

But something else haunted Trump ...

This time, it was images of New Yorks Elmhurst Hospital in Queens, where the president grew up a facility he said he knows so well that he can picture the color of its exterior walls and the size of its windows.

Ive been watching that for the last week on television body bags all over in hallways, Trump said. I have been watching them bring in trailer trucks, freezer trucks they are freezer trucks because they cant handle the bodies, there are so many of them. This is essentially in my community in Queens Queens, New York. I have seen things Ive never seen before. I mean, Ive seen them, but Ive seen them on television in faraway lands.

He added, These are trucks that are as long as the Rose Garden and they are pulling up to take out bodies, and you look inside and you see the black body bags. You say, Whats in there? Its Elmhurst Hospital, must be supplies. Its not supplies; its people.

... And Trump on Sunday said for the first time that a friend, whom he did not name, is struggling to fight the disease.

Hes a little older and hes heavy, but hes a tough person, and he went to the hospital and a day later hes in a coma, Trump said. I go, Hows he doing? Sir, hes in a coma. Hes unconscious. Hes not doing well. The speed and the viciousness, especially if it gets the right person, its horrible. Its really horrible.
I didn't realize the hospital, which last week had 13 COVID-19 deaths in a 24 hour period, was one that Trump was intimately familiar with since his youth.
Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelity View Post
Thanks for the link. Very unsafe conditions to work under ...
Quote:
We are rationed personal protective equipment to absurdity, the nurse said. He said they were given one disposable mask and one disposable gown that we must sign out for, that is expected to be used for five 12-hour shifts before they will be replaced.
So we are back to the 1800s where surgeons wore the same gown for multiple patients.

BRILLIANT.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM #143
Purity of Essence

Purity of Essence

Posted for the deniers:

My opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer. Which is self evident, because my opinions are so awesome!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

A new life awaits you on the off-world colonies!
K31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM #144
Eqinsu Ocha

Eqinsu Ocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by K31 View Post
Posted for the deniers:

Shouldn't have blurred it's face. I'm really hoping the residents are spreading unblurred footage like a virus.

"Dear autocorrect: I'm really getting tired of your shirt!"

I would like to change my gender identity to "Well Regulated Militia."
Art3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM #145

I haven’t had time to read through this entire thread. The Ben Shapiro podcast from today had a good solution to this problem. It’s at the end of today’s podcast. Bravo Compay Manufacturing is a sponsor on his show.
Sage954 is online now   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Preppers

Tags
you're all wrong