Jan 27, 2008
    Towson
    Can a c and r holder buy or sell to anotber c and r holder in MD. Thank you

rfawcs

Si Se Pwodway
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 15, 2008
    Waldorf, MD
    Handguns have to go through an FFL for in-state transfers. Out of state seller, no problem. Go figure.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    From my understanding, if you are both in Md and it is a handgun, you can't do the transfer in the state. Drive into VA/PA do the deal. If you don't want to do that then has to be transferred through an FFL.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    arbud

I've noticed that you've asked similar questions about dealing with C&R transfers the last 6 months or so. If you don't have a clear understanding you might want to just stay away from FFL03 and stick with dealing with FFL dealers. Trying not to offend, but the laws and rules can be confusing and not easy to understand for some folks. Melnic's post/link is a good one though.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=5093705#post5093705

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=213998&page=1

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Seems to be a gray area... to my knowledge, nobody has be prosecuted for doing this... but why look for trouble.

Not to the best of my knowledge. granted I am waiting to get my C&R back from the ATF right now, but the wording I can find in the paperwork and on their site says C&R is really onlymgoing to cover you for INTERSTATE transfers.

If the recipient and the seller are from the same state it doesn’t matter where they are when the transfer occurs, under federal law it would not be considered an interstate transfer.

Not very grey and I absolutely wouldn’t risk doing what is likely breaking the law. $10 and a little extra hassle costing the local MSP barracks is worth a heck of a lot.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Not to the best of my knowledge. granted I am waiting to get my C&R back from the ATF right now, but the wording I can find in the paperwork and on their site says C&R is really onlymgoing to cover you for INTERSTATE transfers.

If the recipient and the seller are from the same state it doesn’t matter where they are when the transfer occurs, under federal law it would not be considered an interstate transfer.

Not very grey and I absolutely wouldn’t risk doing what is likely breaking the law. $10 and a little extra hassle costing the local MSP barracks is worth a heck of a lot.

Yup :thumbsup:

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

I stand corrected. Thank you.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    A friend of mine with a C&R bought a couple of firearms from in state FFLs and no negative results after audits. FFLs accepted the 003. ATF either did not see the transactions or did not care, legal.
    It's been 3 and 4 years ago in Virginia.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    A friend of mine with a C&R bought a couple of firearms from in state FFLs and no negative results after audits. FFLs accepted the 003. ATF either did not see the transactions or did not care, legal.
    It's been 3 and 4 years ago in Virginia.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a friend who was knocking boots with a married chick. Her husband came home every night but he never caught her. It all worked out fine!

planktonadbc

Jun 20, 2013
    Harpers Ferry
    My brother in law and I are 03 C&R holders. If we see stuff we buy for our collection. He lives in PA and I live in WV.
    We trade licenses copies, copies of drivers licenses (We photograph them on our phones, print at home for our book) and cash. Beers, punch and pie.......

Attachments

• and-there-was-much-rejoicing.jpg
      and-there-was-much-rejoicing.jpg
      50.5 KB · Views: 64

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I have a friend who was knocking boots with a married chick. Her husband came home every night but he never caught her. It all worked out fine!

This, but also what bigfoot said. I am not on the up and up on all that VA requires, but MD law says it doesn’t matter and you still have to do a 77r for any intrastate transfers of a handgun. There is an AG opinion later saying a 77r is not required for a C&R license holder doing an interstate transfer.

But interstate requires it to be between citizens of seperate states. Other states are possibly going to have other requirements. Hell somenstates it is F2F for handguns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom