• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nb4602

nb405
    Feb 28, 2013
    Rosedale
    It was worth the drive , decent amount of venders for a summer show . Picked up a nice Carbine stock from EllicottDepot .

nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    Bought a 91/30 from South Carroll. Always good people there. Noticed a number of good deals, prices seem to be coming down across the board.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I did not find my Persian Mauser but saw that 22LR was more reasonable if you kept looking.
    TomKat was not at the table when I arrived around 10:30AM

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Anyone do their HQL there?

If so, what was the total cost?

Also, what are they charging to get in?

IOTA is there doing HQL training. No idea on cost.

IIRC it's $8 at the door of which $2 goes to 2A groups and there's a $1 off coupon floating upthread.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    The was an HK G36 conversion there on consignment for the ridiculous price of 5K. I told the guy a range of what it was actually worth and offered the the high end of that asking that he call the owner and see if the offer was acceptable. I had cash in my pocket and made it clear that I was no tire kicker. He agreed with me as to the value but refused to call. I told him the owner must not really want to sell it and walked away. Oh well, that's how it goes a lot in this hobby. It always amazes me how inflexible and/or delusional people are when they have something even the slightest bit "exotic". Perhaps they are just fishing for suckers?

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    IOTA is there doing HQL training. No idea on cost.

IIRC it's $8 at the door of which $2 goes to 2A groups and there's a $1 off coupon floating upthread.

My GF got her HQL application in today. Training exempt, the total cost was $125. $50 for the app and $75 for prints.

Thanks to both of you.

GymRatz $190 LCP really had me considering it, but at a total of $323 to do it all, plus a 4 hour round trip (x2 trips) and transfer it is way out of my price range. Can't do it, and even if I could, IOTA ain't getting a red cent from me.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Thanks to both of you.

GymRatz $190 LCP really had me considering it, but at a total of $323 to do it all, plus a 4 hour round trip (x2 trips) and transfer it is way out of my price range. Can't do it, and even if I could, IOTA ain't getting a red cent from me.

Care to elaborate on the IOTA comment?

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    IOTA's owner Courtney White sits on the HPRB board and has been witnessed by others denying permits or removal of restrictions on carry permits.

For just cause? Or anti 2A?

There may be some deserving of denial, or restricted. .......I THINK IF YOU CAN BUY, THEN YOU CAN CARRY......but there seems to more to this.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    For just cause? Or anti 2A?

There may be some deserving of denial, or restricted. .......I THINK IF YOU CAN BUY, THEN YOU CAN CARRY......but there seems to more to this.

From what I've seen/heard from trusted and reliable sources.........a mixture of both tending more towards the latter.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Anybody going to be there on Sunday morning/early afternoon? My son saw the sign today as we drove by on I-70 and he begged me to go. He has never been to a gun show. At first, he thought he would see people shooting there. When I explained that there will be a lot of people selling guns there and there will be no actual shooting, he still wanted to go. It should be a good experience for him.

duckslayer56

Mar 8, 2014
    Odenton
    I found some good deals, ended up getting a set of 7x57 dies plus a neck sizer for $15, found a bunch of ammo for my 7mm Mag for $40, and a bunch of hornady bullets to reload with. As I was walking out I saw a guy selling a Model 70 FWT in 30-06, with leupold rings and bases for $450! Under closer inspection I saw it was a 6 digit serial number New Haven rifle with the CRF. I already have 2 30-06s, so I tried walking away, but came back a couple min later, couldn't help my self, and couldn't pass it up for that price. So it's now in my safe.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    IOTA's owner Courtney White sits on the HPRB board and has been witnessed by others denying permits or removal of restrictions on carry permits.

Just to elaborate on this a little, she actually resigned from the HPRB for personal reasons (taking care of an elderly relative) about a year ago.

And Fabs, if you get there Sunday bring the little man by the MSI table to say hi.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Just to elaborate on this a little, she actually resigned from the HPRB for personal reasons (taking care of an elderly relative) about a year ago.

And Fabs, if you get there Sunday bring the little man by the MSI table to say hi.

Well, that has me wondering if approvals have gone up and the number of restrictions have gone down with her no longer being there. Any chance you know the answer to this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom