• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Does not suprise me, and I don't blame them. There may soon come a time, that if things get much worse, I will start to CCW here in Maryland without a permit.

Last edited:

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    "Just about all the guns we have recovered at crime scenes are not registered. So they are illegal," said D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser.

The point is made again, but no one is listening.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    A PERFECT example of "DUMB", laws creating criminals out of normally legal individuals, because of Government actions. Having only 1 gun store to process guns for the whole city is by design just stupid. I wonder why the city is not sued AGAIN for infringing on peoples rights to own a handgun. Seems like a simple case to me, but then, I am not a lawyer, and RARELY are things so simple in court!! hahahaha

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    As a federal territory I wonder why DC is allowed to have a gun registry? Are they not a de facto federal government operation? Seems to me to be clearly illegal to operate a firearms registry.

engine42410

Sep 9, 2013
    Baltimore County
    We really need to look at how other countries deal with crime. If crime gets anymore worse in Baltimore City and a law abiding citizen cannot get a unrestricted Maryland hand gun permit, you well soon see some people carry their legal firearm illegally. If firearms are being confiscated from criminals off the street and stored under lock and key then how are these firearms making there way back on the street. Some where in this process their is a major break down that is costing a lot of citizens their lives.

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    Did anyone else notice in the story they said that the "illegal" guns that they got from crime scenes, there were some from VA, some from MD and 29 registered in DC. Now those from DC would not be illegal then would they?

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I believe the correct terminology for this is "stolen" guns. Very slim chance that criminals are getting totally unregistered firearms and using them. Most are stolen and grouped into the "illegal" category.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Did anyone else notice in the story they said that the "illegal" guns that they got from crime scenes, there were some from VA, some from MD and 29 registered in DC. Now those from DC would not be illegal then would they?

It's much easier for the simpleton viewers to understand if they just lump them all together as "illegal." No thought required.

And that report was brought to you by the letter "I." I is for illegal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom