• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    About 21.

The guns are considered illegal because of DCs CPWL law and not because they were stolen or used in a violent crime and for the record the MAJORITY of these 34 guns did not have extended mags.

So illegal due to oppression of an enumerated Constitutional right? Great for statistics, not so great for crime prevention. Seems that most of this "getting guns off the street," is nothing more than turning otherwise law abiding citizens into criminals.

I'd be more interested in:

% of violent crimes involving a firearm involve already federally prohibited persons? (my guess, 90%+)

How many registered DC gun owners have been convicted of a violent crime involving a firearm? Hell, any crime? (my guess, 0%)

Mr H

Banana'd

Attachments

• tic2.png
      tic2.png
      4.8 KB · Views: 186

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    So illegal due to oppression of an enumerated Constitutional right? Great for statistics, not so great for crime prevention. Seems that most of this "getting guns off the street," is nothing more than turning otherwise law abiding citizens into criminals.

% of violent crimes involving a firearm involve already federally prohibited persons? (my guess, 90%+)

How many registered DC gun owners have been convicted of a violent crime involving a firearm? Hell, any crime? (my guess, 0%)
    So are you saying that Lanier ordered officers to violate 4th amendment rights to obtain gun seizures from otherwise law abiding citizens? Just to pump up numbers? I sure hope not but I definitely could see it being possible.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

So are you saying that Lanier ordered officers to violate 4th amendment rights to obtain gun seizures from otherwise law abiding citizens? Just to pump up numbers? I sure hope not but I definitely could see it being possible.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No read the CPWL law

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    the vote was 1150 no confidence and 28 confidence. Should be noted this is only about 1/3 of the Dept that voted.

In the article I read, many of the other 2/3 didn't votel because they were concerned about possible punitive repercussions for having done so. Nice environment in which to work, for sure...

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    In the article I read, many of the other 2/3 didn't votel because they were concerned about possible punitive repercussions for having done so. Nice environment in which to work, for sure...

Yeah to ensure only MPDC Officers voted they asked for specific information even though they stated it was confidential it was VERY intimidating, causing A LOT of people to avoid the vote

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom