• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Looking for primarily pistol training and figured I'd see if anyone had experience with either. I'm aware that they(McNamara/Vogel) are quite different styles and come from much different backgrounds just looking for real world experience with either.

I remember a while back someone posting about a big name trainer they did a class with that they felt was a total waste of money, but I can't recall who or find the thread. Just looking to avoid that scenario.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    I have trained with Army SF guys (as a civilian) and they were excellent teachers. Very movement focused. Were able to distill down to the basics and then bring level of refinement up as high as each student needed.

I have as well and agree with your assessment

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    If you are looking for some very serious combat pistol training go to the IP section of the forum. Center Mass Combat Tactics or CMCT are top notch. I have been to a few of their classes all the instructors are real, they have been places and bring that knowledge to the class. My shooting has improved 500% (I was a fair shot to begin with) but more important is my awareness of levels of threats and how to deal with them. From "beginners" to the level 2+, you will learn and improve. Chris

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    If you are looking for some very serious combat pistol training go to the IP section of the forum. Center Mass Combat Tactics or CMCT are top notch. I have been to a few of their classes all the instructors are real, they have been places and bring that knowledge to the class. My shooting has improved 500% (I was a fair shot to begin with) but more important is my awareness of levels of threats and how to deal with them. From "beginners" to the level 2+, you will learn and improve. Chris

Will reach out, especially since they are local. Thanks

First question is what are ur goals?
    Proficiency. I'm at what most schools/teachers would call an intermediate to slightly advanced level I'd say. Always looking to get good quality training from all different types of trainers as some seem to really click and help your specific style better than others if that makes sense. Looking to build good technique and skill set for personal protection as well as possibly getting into competition down the road.

I was stationed at fort Bragg from 2003 - 2012. I trained with both Cag and group guys. Couple of them open range well worth the travel http://37psr.com/

Will check out their site. Thanks
    Heading out to train with Vogel next week.
    Please let us know how it is!! I trained with you so I'd definitely like to hear how he helped you as you are fairly experienced already obviously

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    Found the post about the member who attended a big name class and wasn't happy

https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=4550248&postcount=38

I would probably characterize the experience as not meeting expectations or improving substantially.

I have a scheduled class with Dave Spaulding and possibly an upcoming class with Mike Pannone.

I would love to stay close with CMCT but the schedule is a problem. There are also possibilities in WV but as always, the dates and topics are the problem.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I do all my training with him...

Attachments

• 21c91f0c48cf08e25324a4b02c340599.jpg
      21c91f0c48cf08e25324a4b02c340599.jpg
      38.4 KB · Views: 115

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics