• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GRAY GHOST

The 43rd
    Jul 24, 2012
    C.S.A.
    Its funny. I got chigroes on saturday while out hunting. Sad thing is im so dumb i am still going to hunt that spot. At least i didnt get them that bad. First time in 7 years i had got them. I have a buddy of mine that gets them every year.

lol :lol:sorry to hear that:lol2: i tried telling you guys. REPEL PERMANONE is the only chigger spray that works. and trust me i hunt in CHIGGERVILLE. heres what i do. pull my socks up to my knees over a pair of longjohns,then apply spray from my toes to my waist. then put on my camo pants and tuck in my short sleeve shirt. and reapply spray up to my waist.spray inside of my boots and put on. put long sleeve shirt on. i wear rubber boots.then spray them up to my knees. if you dont wear rubbers you need to spray ur shoe strings very well. then fill up a shot glass and take a shot.:innocent0 then apply cover sent. i know it sounds like OVERKILL, BUT I DONT LIKE CHIGGERS. i just wiped out basspro lsat 4 cans;) last week i went to do some trimming and only came out with 3 of them bastards,all on my left arm, yes i was only wearing a short sleeve then. 100% money back guarantee will will not have none below ur waist.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Its funny. I got chigroes on saturday while out hunting. Sad thing is im so dumb i am still going to hunt that spot. At least i didnt get them that bad. First time in 7 years i had got them. I have a buddy of mine that gets them every year.

You are so PC !

:lol2:

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Permethrin is the way to go. Spray your cloths good the night before you plan to hunt to let it dry and it should last about three week until you have gotten to reapply it again. It's got to be the best stuff out there. Every year as I"m hunting I watch tick crawl up my pants leg, get half way up then just fall off dead. With that said this is some nasty stuff and do not get it on your skin.

Rockerspsl

Apr 10, 2011
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Just remember permethrin IS toxic until it dries. It's best to wait a minimum of 2 hours to dry after applying it to your clothes before it is safe to wear. And wear rubber gloves when applying it. Something the Army taught me.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I was out in the woods behind my house Monday and picked up a bunch of chiggers. My ankles, top of my feet, and up to my knees are tore up.:mad54:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I was out in the woods behind my house Monday and picked up a bunch of chiggers. My ankles, top of my feet, and up to my knees are tore up.:mad54:

lye soap.. washed 2x a day.. it made my infected legs heal faster and not as itchy.

lawrencewendall

Been There, Done That
    Oct 10, 2009
    Twice out with Deet (once 40% and the other 96%) and was totally tore up!.. This weekend went out with ALL my clothes (socks, underwear, t-shirt, pants) sprayed with Permethrin. Not a bite.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Went hunting on Friday and sprayed all of my cloths with Permethrin so I would not get chiggers. Well shot a deer and had track him in some thick stuff. Well it got hot and I rolled up my sleeves (dumb move on my part) and what do you know that the chiggers tore up my arms. Got about 15 bites per arm and not a single bite any place else. Permethrin is the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom