With OnTarget starting to releasing after 7 days now who will be next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    And how will the MSP react? What is everyone else's though on this. Agree or not OnTarget is opening a can of worms the MSP was tiring to prevent. Well now the genie is out of the box and can't be put back in.

Thanks
    Robert

Mr H

Banana'd
    Not to be a complete and total killjoy, but what good does speculation on it do?

It really is up to the FFLs, and if they choose not to, so be it.

/killjoy

But, yes... This will be most interesting to watch play out. Should be quite the media circus.

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    I'm sure the next few weeks will show that very few, if any, FFLs follow suit. I think others will wait for MSP to react (or not). But if OT starts selling guns by the loads, other FFLs may strongly consider it just to be competitive.

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    I'm sure the next few weeks will show that very few, if any, FFLs follow suit. I think others will wait for MSP to react (or not). But if OT starts selling guns by the loads, other FFLs may strongly consider it just to be competitive.

They already do sell guns by the loads

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    RE: Which FFL's will start releasing after 7 days.

My all knowing crystal ball is out for repair. Sorry.

My question is this. If my crystal ball is shot out and can't be repaired, can I build an H-BALL after 10-1 using the all knowing, raw glass I purchased prior to 10-1?

P.S. Is this just more OT predictions or is this fact at this point?

R1125

Apr 11, 2013
    Frederick

My question is this. If my crystal ball is shot out and can't be repaired, can I build an H-BALL after 10-1 using the all knowing, raw glass I purchased prior to 10-1?

Check this post out
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=99026&page=80

cz27jim

I *am* a curio and relic!
    Sep 27, 2012
    Even if an FFL decided to start releasing guns after 7 days, that practice would immediately stop as soon as someone posted someplace like, say, on a public forum on the internet :innocent0, that they were doing it. Because then, every prohibited person looking for a gun would rush to their store knowing that they would get the gun before the disapproved paperwork came back.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN

Fact of point in one thread someone has posted a picture of the form they signed on another tread the manager of OnTarget reported they are doing the oldest app first and moving newer. Granted it could still be people talking out there behind but it looks as close to fact as you can get at this point.

Thanks
    Robert

NarlocB

Jan 23, 2013
    i just wish the FFL's doing this got credit in the public eye for following the law even though MSP can't do their jobs in a reasonable time.

Even if an FFL decided to start releasing guns after 7 days, that practice would immediately stop as soon as someone posted someplace like, say, on a public forum on the internet :innocent0, that they were doing it. Because then, every prohibited person looking for a gun would rush to their store knowing that they would get the gun before the disapproved paperwork came back.

Correct! IMHO, go deal with your FFL and do your deal quietly, dont blab about it here as the media and MOM will be all over it. If one gun is released prematurely and used in a crime, the s$%# will really hit the fan. MSP would be forced to take longer in approving apps and FFLs would suffer.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi

That's on the state, in my eyes. [I'm sure the powers that be will disagree, but morally that's on the state for not doing what they are supposed to do.]

This is a cold war gentlemen, and they are doing their best to deny us arms.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Correct! IMHO, go deal with your FFL and do your deal quietly, dont blab about it here as the media and MOM will be all over it. If one gun is released prematurely and used in a crime, the s$%# will really hit the fan. MSP would be forced to take longer in approving apps and FFLs would suffer.

FFL already get a microscope stuck up there behind at least twice a year one by the state and one by the fed. There are not breaking any laws but then again the question is will the media blame the MSP or the FFL?

Thanks
    Robert

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Shooters Discount will start this practice next Wednesday 05/15/13, but with reasonable restrictions and rules as these will help cover my ass and these are NOT negotiable:

1. Those that are Designated Collectors and I will require two very clear copies of your DC letter per transaction.
    and/or
    2. Current LEO.
    and/or
    3. Receives an immediate "PROCEED" response from FBI NICS when called on a reg'd long gun purchase only. A delayed response will mean you wait until MSP adorns your paperwork with the "Not Disapproved" blessing and it's in my hands.
    and/or
    4. Current MARYLAND carry permit.

Until further advised by authorities one way or another, I will commence this practice once again, 05/15/13.

You gotta' point there, BUT, the way Shooters Discount will be handling this matter it's almost certain that nobody that is prohibited (set aside unpaid parking tickets and similar menial ********) will be able to receive a regulated firearm.

Fact of point in one thread someone has posted a picture of the form they signed on another tread the manager of OnTarget reported they are doing the oldest app first and moving newer. Granted it could still be people talking out there behind but it looks as close to fact as you can get at this point.

Thanks, Robert

It's fact, I was there last night, and yes, I will start with the oldest apps first and work up from there. Those that fall into one or more of the four categories I listed above will be receiving a call from Shooters Discount once we have reached your application and processed as per SD's requirements. All others will have to WAIT out the gambit for MSP to do their part and return your paperwork with the "NOT DISAPPROVED" blessing on it. No exceptions for anyone.

Last edited:

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

that is correct. some here blabbed about a ffl doing almost 2 months ago. they would wait 19 days and then do a nics for an unregulated and then give you your regulated and now they have been told to stop.

i wont name them because i know they didnt like what happened and i am sure they dint want any more talk going on. and i dont know who told them to stop but i waited the ten days and went back and they were sheepishly telling everyone sorry but we have told to stop. and i was looking forward to getting mine in ten days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom