Jake4U is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2020, 09:05 AM #32
God loves you, I don't.

God loves you, I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake4U View Post
Amazon has it.
Little brevity here.

Ordering a product you need to use to receive that product.
Old March 24th, 2020, 09:25 AM #33
Wildlife Consultant

Wildlife Consultant

Keep your dirty paws off your face you'll be alright
Old March 24th, 2020, 01:04 PM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBeforeDishonor View Post
Keep your dirty paws off your face you'll be alright
There is that.

Open box outside. Wash hands.

Empty box. Wash hands.
Pinecone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2020, 12:28 PM #35

We do 3 day quarantine in the garage. That should be sufficient for anything on the cardboard to denature. After the 3 days is up I carefully open the boxes, my wife takes the stuff out. I then break down the boxes. Then we wash our hands really well. I've got note cards to label which pile of stuff is being opened on a given day "next, 2, 3"
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2020, 12:33 PM #36
Stop Negassing me!!!!!

Stop Negassing me!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basscat View Post
Good lord! Why don't we all just curl up in a ball in the corner of the room and wait. Has the fear set in this bad?
Yes sir it has. You and I both live in mamby pamby land.

Since Saturday, I've gone for a walk with some friends and my dog over at Antietam battlefield, went to the range twice, stopped at Hafers to laugh at the panic buyers, slept outside two nights, built a fire in the fire pit, grilled food with friends, did a little shopping to include walking around a supermarket chuckling, got together with friends for two nights of board games (Twisted Risk) and last night got together with a group of friends for dinner from Blaze Pizza. Somehow, we're all still alive and well.

My honey works at the Post Office and handles mail ALL DAY LONG yet she's as healthy as a horse. It must be all that soylent green provided to us by the government.

2. If it's Czech and it's military, it's Cool!!

3. This Great Nation was born one fine spring day in 1775 when Patriots stood firm at Lexington Green against King George's armed soldiers who had come looking to disarm free Men.
Combloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2020, 12:54 PM #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combloc View Post

Since Saturday, I've gone for a walk with some friends and my dog over at Antietam battlefield, went to the range twice, stopped at Hafers to laugh at the panic buyers, slept outside two nights, built a fire in the fire pit, grilled food with friends, did a little shopping to include walking around a supermarket chuckling, got together with friends for two nights of board games (Twisted Risk) and last night got together with a group of friends for dinner from Blaze Pizza. Somehow, we're all still alive and well.

My honey works at the Post Office and handles mail ALL DAY LONG yet she's as healthy as a horse. It must be all that soylent green provided to us by the government.
Or you don't understand it isn't that every time you do something like that you WILL ABSOLUTELY GET SICK AND DIE.

You just have a risk each time. The risk increases every day that goes by and more people get sick.

At some point your risk is "will almost certainly get sick". Depending on your age and health you probably have between about a quarter percent chance of then dying if you are a young fit 20 something up probably around a 75% chance of dying if you are in your 80s and have some health conditions.

But also you can carry it to someone else who will get sick. So you may be unconcerned, but you are risking the health of those around you. Which is a dick thing to do. Maryland is a couple of weeks behind New York. I have a buddy who works in the ICU in NYC. They are zipping up multiple patients a shift in to body bags right now because they drowned in their own blood.

I know right now my risk is relatively low even if I carried on as usual. But it gets higher every day. I am in great health, but I don't need to get sick for several weeks and there are plenty of guys in their 30s like I am in great health who are ended up on a ventilator (while there are spare ones) for days or weeks because of COVID (and that will cause long term health problems even once you are disease free). Some of them dying also. I also know if I get sick, I put those at risk around me.

To add, it takes on average 5 days to become symptomatic, but you can infect others several days before you show symptoms. So even just avoiding someone obviously sick does you no good. Your buddies you are hanging out with might seem fine, but one of them can easily be sick and get you infected. Your honey could have been exposed a couple of days ago and she won't show symptoms for another few days. Could be a couple more weeks even. Of the 423 cases in Maryland right now, that is only symptomatic. Probably some cases that are symptomatic, but haven't and/or won't be tested. But based on how fast the case rate is increasing, there are likely around 2000 or so infected people who will develop symptoms over the next 5-6 days. All the while infecting people around them.

its the care free attitude of carrying on with your life like nothing has changed is WHY the case rate is doubling every 3 days. As is the death rate.
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2020, 01:01 PM #38

I thought I saw a thread on here where someone was asking people to send cards and letters to a kid - people were tripping over themselves to do it...
Rich1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2020, 01:03 PM #39
God loves you, I don't.

God loves you, I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combloc View Post

The majority of the population will get it. Guess you are in a hurry to get yours.
Old March 25th, 2020, 01:09 PM #40
Stop Negassing me!!!!!

Stop Negassing me!!!!!

You do know that during an average flu season, in the Unites States alone, MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people are infected and 30,000 - 50,000 die, right? That's approximately 300 people PER DAY. Yet people carry on like nothing has changed. There is no panic, no remodeling garages as mail triage centers, no shutting down stores, no destroying the economy in a manufactured crisis, just life.....and death. It's the way of things. 300 people PER DAY in an average flu season. Since November, the beer virus has killed less than THREE DAYS worth of people compared to the run of the mill seasonal flu. You folks can drink the media/government sweetened Kool-Aid if you'd like. I'll stick with pure water.

2. If it's Czech and it's military, it's Cool!!

3. This Great Nation was born one fine spring day in 1775 when Patriots stood firm at Lexington Green against King George's armed soldiers who had come looking to disarm free Men.
Combloc is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Preppers

Tags
you're all wrong