Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Competitive Shooting
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old January 3rd, 2020, 12:17 PM #11
Appleseed Shoot Boss

Appleseed Shoot Boss

Bowie Events Added!

We are very excited to announce the return of Berwyn Rod and Gun Club in Bowie, MD as an Appleseed host range in 2020! Berwyn is a fantastic club with a very well equipped "no blue sky" range that can support rimfire and centerfire rifles. And thanks to the support of their leadership and members who are also instructors with Project Appleseed, we have scheduled 4 clinics for 2020:

Bowie, MD - March 7, 2020 (One Day Event), Centerfire and Rimfire rifles - SOLD OUT

Bowie, MD - April 18-19, 2020 (Special Patriot's Day Two Day Event), Centerfire and Rimfire rifles

Bowie, MD - September 19-20, 2020 (Two Day Event), Centerfire and Rimfire rifles

Bowie, MD - November 7, 2020 (One Day Event), Centerfire and Rimfire rifles

Hope to see you on the line!

A Rifleman Persists!

Last edited by KYFHO; January 14th, 2020 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Added sell-out note
KYFHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2020, 01:45 PM #12

I assume you can use an optic or irons? Also how much ammo should we expect to go through in a day? I might give it a try it sounds really interesting and is cheap.
Techguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2020, 02:16 PM #13
Appleseed Shoot Boss

Appleseed Shoot Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techguy View Post
I assume you can use an optic or irons? Also how much ammo should we expect to go through in a day? I might give it a try it sounds really interesting and is cheap.

Optic or irons are both fine. You should bring 200 rounds or so for a one-day (ranges from 100-200 depending on timing) and 300-400 for a two-day (the second day is a lot more practice of what we teach in the one-day). A lot of people use rimfire to reduce the cost, but centerfire rifles are welcome at all of our events OTHER than Annapolis AAFG, which is rimfire only. And loaners of everything are available if you lack some equipment.

Always willing to answer more questions.

It is the lowest cost marksmanship instruction you will likely find.

And today is the last day for heavily discounted gift certificates which you can use for yourself or others for 5 years from date of purchase: https://goappleseednow.org/?event=ch...rtificate-2019

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A Rifleman Persists!
Old January 7th, 2020, 03:08 PM #14
Appleseed Shoot Boss

Appleseed Shoot Boss

CMP M1 Garand Build Class 2020 for Appleseed Shooters!

Have you ever thought about building your own M1 Garand? The CMP offers a class for students to build their own heirloom-quality rifle under the watchful eyes of expert armorers.

We’ve partnered with the CMP for a private class just for Appleseeders on October 16-18, 2020. The CMP's M1 Garand class is a coveted opportunity. They usually have three applicants for every one seat available. Some people have been waiting years to attend!

How can you get in the class? Purchase a ticket to a Project Appleseed 25m event and attend during 2020. Send your name and shoot info to garand@appleseedinfo.org. Once a month, we will do a drawing for names of people who wish to attend! We will announce the (first) names drawn on our forum and contact you by email if you are selected with info about registering and tuition costs.

So, what does it cost? "Total cost for the 2019 AMC will be $1,868.50 or $2,068.50, depending upon rifle selection (Field Grade or CMP Special). Students will build and purchase either a CMP Special Rifle or a CMP Field Grade Special during the three-day course. The receiver will be of USGI manufacture and may vary dependent upon availability. Sales tax will be applicable to all rifle purchases. This portion of the fee will be billed on Day 2 of class. Only participants presenting proof of flight arrangements will be permitted to ship rifles. All driving participants must take all purchases with them."

More info will be posted on the Appleseed Forums: https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index....seen#msg375080

Let me know if you have any questions.

A Rifleman Persists!
Old January 14th, 2020, 11:55 AM #15
Appleseed Shoot Boss

Appleseed Shoot Boss

Sold-Out Shoots

We are up to 3 sold out shoots for the year, with AAFG this weekend and in March fully booked as well as the recently announced March shoot in Bowie.

So if you are interested in an Appleseed event before we hit Patriot's Day weekend in April, I suggest you sign up ASAP for either:

AAFG in Annapolis MD - Feb 29, 2020 Appleseed - 1 Day Rimfire Only

AGC in Marriottsville MD - Mar 07-Mar 08, 2020 - 2 Day Rimfire and Centerfire

A Rifleman Persists!
Old January 19th, 2020, 04:21 PM #16
Appleseed Shoot Boss

Appleseed Shoot Boss

It has been since February 2018 since we have had a Winterseed in Maryland and the forecast all week looked good promising. And we got all that was promised - temperatures in the 20s, freezing rain, snow, rain, wind, really everything but sunshine. It made the answer at the start of the clinic for "where and where was the American Revolution won?" - "Valley Forge" - seem ironically appropriate, if incorrect.

Despite the conditions, it was a sold-out shoot with a great group of youth and parents from the Ft Meade area, including a father/daughter in period dress, two other father-son combos, and a lot of beginners, several of which had never handled a firearm before. With a great showing from our instructor corps and AppleCore team, we were able to provide a lot of individualized instruction and coaching to create a safe and productive shoot.

In the end, we awarded two Winterseed patches, one to Quientin A with a 226 and one to Josh W with a 229. Considering the conditions and the number of malfunctions that were accumulating during the event, these are extremely good scores. No cleared rascally Red Coats this time, but many people were off by only one shot.

We are very excited to have more participants from the Ft Meade youth group at future shoots - thanks for all the support and participation!

Special thanks to our instructors and volunteers for braving the weather: CatGravity took the lead as Line Boss to help out an ailing Shoot Boss; Etervigila took on the history with short notice and got rave reviews; AppleCore member Liberty Boy and IIT Agent711 worked hard with brand new shooters and helped them build confidence; and BeSwift, as always, is our fearless state leader and worked on his eleventy millionth shoot in the freezing cold.

Pictures are available on our Maryland Appleseed Facebook Page.

A couple of photos of our group and Winterseed patch Rifleman!

A Rifleman Persists!

Last edited by KYFHO; January 27th, 2020 at 01:30 PM. Reason: fixed typo and link
Old January 27th, 2020, 01:34 PM #17
Appleseed Shoot Boss

Appleseed Shoot Boss

Upcoming Appleseed Clinic - Annapolis Feb 29

We are about one month away from our next Project Appleseed clinic, a one-day rimfire clinic at AAFG in Annapolis on Saturday, February 29.

There are only 4 spots available for the event as of today and our Bowie event in March is already sold out.

Hope to see you on the line!

A Rifleman Persists!
Old January 27th, 2020, 02:46 PM #18

WHAT!!! No air rifles?!?!.!
Air Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2020, 06:05 PM #19
Appleseed Shoot Boss

Appleseed Shoot Boss

There are a couple threads on the Project Appleseed Forums about using an air rifle: https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=37239.0 or even qualifying Rifleman with a PCP air rifle: https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=46948.0

But it sounds like a very labor intensive process and we wouldn't slow down the line to make it work. But you could probably work it out with a Shoot Boss if you really wanted or use one for a qualifying Red Coat target (13 rounds).

A Rifleman Persists!
Old February 4th, 2020, 08:39 PM #20

MAR 7-8

My son and I are signed up for the Marriotsville on 07-08MAR. Seriously looking forward to this event. Then I'll probably schedule another for my wife and I to attend a 1-day event. Having some trouble getting slings for both our rifles. Did I hear correctly that slings are available to borrow?
Sheepdog6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Competitive Shooting