Region B - When did the deer bag limit change?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tacswa3

Oct 7, 2013
    Had to be last year, I took last year off for hunting and this year I noticed, (If I'm reading it correctly) you are allowed 3 deer vs. numerous about of does in past years?? 10 does for each season, 1 buck plus an additional w/ a bonus stamp. Now its 3 deer, 2 can be a bucks w/ a bonus stamp?

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Read it again--you can take 1 buck in each of two seasons and a third with the extra bonus stamp---you can take a bunch of antlerless deer ---10 in firearms-10 in muzzleloader and 15 in archery. Also carefully read the antler restriction portion, if you take a spike-the others must have 3 points on one antler.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Read it again--you can take 1 buck in each of two seasons and a third with the extra bonus stamp---you can take a bunch of antlerless deer ---10 in firearms-10 in muzzleloader and 15 in archery. Also carefully read the antler restriction portion, if you take a spike-the others must have 3 points on one antler.

This. The bucks are state wide limit and you can’t use the bonus stamp in region A.

Antlerless is specific to region B (duh) and region A it is a single antlerless in each season.

Technically it is a single buck of 2 points or less on each side (as in you can take up to 3 bucks with 3 or more points on at least one side. Or 1 with less than 3 on either side and 2 with 3 or more. So for more typical deer, you could take a spike or fork as well as a couple of 5-or or 6-pt (or 8s, 11s, whatever)).

As for the change, last year. This year is the same as last year. 2 years ago it was 3 bucks plus a bonus. You had to take 2 antlerless first before using your bonus stamp. DMR probably realized a lot of guys were bagging phantom antlerless to claim a bonus stamp.

Also 2 years ago it was 10 antlerless in ML and firearms and unlimited (maybe it was 30?) in archery. I knew a guy who whacked 38 deer in a season who backed to a park...

If I wanted to exterminate them I could probably bag 12-15...but I won’t kill more than I can eat or donate and frankly I am too lazy to kill the ones around my property just to donate the meat.

Plus I don’t want to exterminate them, just keep them in check a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom