• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Olszewski has barely warmed up his seat in his office before telling us that he wants to raise taxes and fees. On the hit list in his coming speech:

1. A 13% hike (3.2% from 2.83%) on income tax.

2. $3.50/month on your cell bill.

3. New cable fee

4. A 25% hike on hotel taxes (10% from 8%), and impose that on Airbnb-style rentals.

5. A new tax on residential and commercial development.

Among all the wonderful, flowery things that these "revenue enhancements" will bring us, he seeks to create three new high-level positions in the county government. A chief diversity officer, an opioid strategy coordinator, and a sustainability officer who would address climate change. :sad20:

This is hot garbage. I've already written the County Council and I hope that you do the same. Find your county rep here: https://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/countycouncil/index.html

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    shock.jpg

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Johnny "O" - A Man of the People...whose people I don't know? With all the problems we have here in Baltimore County, he's asking for more taxes, a "Chief Diversity Officer" and a "sustainability officer"- he obviously has a firm hand on the tiller. I wanted Pat McDonough but of course our allegedly Republican governor threw his support to someone else which probably helped get Olszewski elected.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Get what you get Baltimore County. Carroll and Harford counties will see an uptick in liberals bailing from there. Jonny O is a tool.

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    It won't be long before the democrats bring all the wonderful things they did for Baltimore City to Baltimore County and eventually destroy the entire state. Good luck to those of you who voted them in, I am retired and can move at any time.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    It won't be long before the democrats bring all the wonderful things they did for Baltimore City to Baltimore County and eventually destroy the entire state. Good luck to those of you who voted them in, I am retired and can move at any time.

Not retired but only six more years on my sentence and then I get paroled from the DPRM!! Can’t wait!

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    A reply from Izzy Patoka, who repesents the second district:

Thank you so much for reaching out to our office to let us know that you are not in favor of the county raising taxes. Our office will take your request into consideration as the council continues coming up with plans to help generate new revenue and monies for the county. As I was quoted saying in The Baltimore Sun on Dec. 3, raising taxes is a last-resort measure.

Yeah, Olszewski said the same thing, yet he's proposing a budget with tax increases. I suggested in my response to the councilman that instead of looking to generate new revenue, the council should focus its energies on shrinking the size and scope of the county government. Fit the size of the government to its "income" instead of raising taxes to further enlarge the bureaucracy.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland

Yeah, Olszewski said the same thing, yet he's proposing a budget with tax increases. I suggested in my response to the councilman that instead of looking to generate new revenue, the council should focus its energies on shrinking the size and scope of the county government. Fit the size of the government to its "income" instead of raising taxes to further enlarge the bureaucracy.

That’s funny (and sad) to think: the gov working within its budget. Never gonna happen unfortunately. The reply from Patoka said they will raise more revenue. It’s a lie that they are looking at taxes as last resort. That’s their only resort. The county exec gave up the lie with his budget.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD

Did you think that your logical suggestion would even be considered?... LOL. Do you know who sits in the County Council? Democrats - tax and spend, tax and spend. They grow government and expect taxpayers to foot the bill. It’s what they do... LOL

Just pack your stuff and move out of Baltimore County. Best move I ever made.

Chuck

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I get the "knee jerk" reaction to taxes being raised. But the property tax and income tax rates haven't been raised in over 20 years with one being 30 years. The previous administration had kicked the money can down the road to make a run for the Governor. We all know that didn't work out. At some point someone needs to pay for all the air condition, new schools, settle the many lawsuits the previous Administration occurred, and not just rob the pension and health care funds.

The current rates are low compared to the surrounding counties...or at least comparable ones.

And while yes the County Executive is Democrat the Council is certainly not all Democrats. They currently hold the majority with 4 of the 7 members being Democrat. 3 are Republican. So it's not the "land slide" one would assume.

While everyone would like to keep more of their money historically Baltimore County has not been a "tax and spend" Government. It has recently turned into a "spend with no tax" for 4-8 years. The mess has to be cleaned up and cutting services to pay it off likely won't go over well.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Get what you get Baltimore County. Carroll and Harford counties will see an uptick in liberals bailing from there. Jonny O is a tool.

Harford County is barely a Conservative held county any more. Look at the last election numbers. Look at the Republicans who didn't hold their office in Hazzard County. It's happening faster than most thought possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom