• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwelliott

May 17, 2006
    Columbia
    Just in case you haven't heard of Steve Anderson, he is the guy who literally wrote the book on dryfire. If you are looking for improvement in your competition shooting this would be a good time to consider checking out either of his books.

He also posts tips and articles on Facebook and his site which you all may find useful. The reason I am talking about this is he just now started podcasting. Even though I am biased because he is a friend you really should consider giving him a listen on iTunes or just at libsyn (where the podcast is hosted). At least the price is right (free) and I am sure he would love to hear your feedback.

Mike

mwelliott

May 17, 2006
    Columbia
    I have shot and trained with a number of pro shooters and his class is really something else. Steve, besides being a GM has a knack for quickly analyzing your shooting and offering ways to shave off time in EVERYTHING you do. It was a good mix of physical skills and mental coaching. You will not however be overwhelmed with a bunch of mental nonsense but a straightforward way to manage yourself based on Lanny Bassham's technique's and Steve's own "awesomesauce".

This was one class where if you polled everyone who took it they would be overwhelmingly positive and want to take another class with him. Check out his articles and tips and listen to a couple podcasts... that is EXACTLY how he is in person. Very soon he will be offering some coaching over Skype/FaceTime and I look forward to trying that out as well.

He can make ANYONE a better shooter if you are willing to listen and do the work.

Steve, when you have a chance ask Karla what he did for Lee with his shooting.

Bigpops

Open Shooters Unite!!
    Sep 30, 2010
    SoMd.
    Thanks Mike. I know Drew was/is impressed. From what I have read, seen, and heard...I may be giving him a call soon. Every little bit helps, as you know.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom