• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have a Crossbreed, a Tucker Answer and a Theis holster. Never had that issue with any of them. 4 different guns (Glock, Kimber, Dan Wesson, Smith 1076 ), 3 different holsters.

Have no idea what the problem may be.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    just purchase the super tuk not too long ago.. i like it very much.. i just need bigger pants. it need some wearing out a bit.. leather is stiff.

it can fit both sigs i have.. 229 and 226.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I bought some extra Kydex clips from Tommy Theis so I could replace the metal clips on my Crossbreed. Crossbreed had no other clips for the holster. I don't care for religious symbols on anything I own. Especially since the embossed crosses are noticeable with a belt that is not black.

Not a good idea for a concealment holster IMO

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    I bought some extra Kydex clips from Tommy Theis so I could replace the metal clips on my Crossbreed. I don't care for religious symbols on anything I own. Especially since the embossed crosses are noticeable with a belt that is not black.

Funny, I did the same thing, for the same reason...

The Theis and the Crossbreed are pretty much comparable in quality...

Jamie

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I am a Christian, but to me, the crosses scream either gun (to cops and those who might know) or make look like a Harley wanna-be poser. Haha.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    just purchase the super tuk not too long ago.. i like it very much.. i just need bigger pants. it need some wearing out a bit.. leather is stiff.

it can fit both sigs i have.. 229 and 226.

I have a Crossbreed supertuck and I love it. Your leather looks different then mine. Mine is black cowhide that is smooth and kind of shiny. I wear it for 12+ hours in a car when i drive back and forth to Florida. It's surprisingly comfortable after you get used to it.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    IWB holsters require bigger pants and are generally not confortable for all day carry IMHO.

Galco makes good stuff though, so buy with confidence.

I am a proud owner of a Comp-Tac Minotaur, and have carried a Colt Combat Commander, Beretta 92FS and Glock 19 RTF2 in it over the past couple years. Yeah I had to size up in pants/belt initially but I ended up losing a bunch of weight so it ended up fitting everything.

I found it to be comfortable, and highly concealable (which adds to comfort). My one gripe on the Minotaur is the clips are held by a single screw, where that King Tuk has 2, which should keep it from shifting at all. My Minotaur never shifted but I felt like it may because the clips tended to swing loose when I took the holster out of my pants.

For someone who MUST conceal I'd recommend a holster like this for sure. Duty, I'd say go Safariland. Love my ALS. :thumbsup:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I bought some extra Kydex clips from Tommy Theis so I could replace the metal clips on my Crossbreed. Crossbreed had no other clips for the holster. I don't care for religious symbols on anything I own. Especially since the embossed crosses are noticeable with a belt that is not black.

Good points, also why I did not choose a Crossbreed. :thumbsup: I count myself as one of the lucky ones. I've been pulled over a couple times with weapons in the car or while carrying, and it only came up once with one officer, and I never had any extra trouble at all. Politics and religion are touchy subjects, which is why I don't display political/religious bumper stickers, t-shirts or anything.

gunslinger

Molon Labe
    Oct 26, 2008
    North AA County
    I have a Comp-Tac Minotaur for a Glock 27 and love it. I haven't seen a Supertuck in person, but have seen the Crossbreed. If you compare the Minotaur to the Crossbreed, the construction of the Minotaur seems higher quality. The back of the Minotaur has a second piece of leather that covers the hardware holding the kydex to the leather... it makes for a much cleaner look.

I did end up breaking the kydex on the first Minotaur I owned after about three years, probably from laying on it. Unfortunately for me they changed their design in the mean time and I had to purchase a whole new one rather than just getting replacement kydex. I think it held up pretty well considering how often I used it. I carry every day and probably use that holster 75% of the time. Crossbreed offers a lifetime warranty vs. one year for Comp-Tac.

The Minotaur has a screw to adjust the retention... it doesn't look like the Supertuck or the Crossbreed have this. I have found that after a week or so, the leather behind the weapon starts to break in and your retention drops unless you tighten that screw.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I ended up going for the desantis intruder.
    m&p9c-in-desantis-intruder.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg
    It didn't have the retention I wanted from the factory, so I heated the trigger guard area with a hair dryer and pushed in a bit to tighten it up. It's nice and secure now. I don't see it ever pulling out with the gun on a draw. The clips are actually pretty damned tough to unhook from my belt when I'm actively TRYING to take it off...it won't accidentally slip off of my belt somehow. The kydex molding is more crisp than on my crossbreed snapslide, but both are very good quality. The main reason I went with the desantis intruder over the competition was because of the crazy cheap price i found here...

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/pr...W-M&P-9{47}40-Leather{47}Kydex-105KAM9Z0.html

I'm pretty happy with it. Although the other options in this thread are also very nice.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I am a proud owner of a Comp-Tac Minotaur, and have carried a Colt Combat Commander, Beretta 92FS and Glock 19 RTF2 in it over the past couple years. Yeah I had to size up in pants/belt initially but I ended up losing a bunch of weight so it ended up fitting everything.

I found it to be comfortable, and highly concealable (which adds to comfort). My one gripe on the Minotaur is the clips are held by a single screw, where that King Tuk has 2, which should keep it from shifting at all. My Minotaur never shifted but I felt like it may because the clips tended to swing loose when I took the holster out of my pants.

For someone who MUST conceal I'd recommend a holster like this for sure. Duty, I'd say go Safariland. Love my ALS. :thumbsup:

Comp-Tac is where I send my money. Glock 17 carries quite well.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Semper Noc, thanks for the photos.

I can sure tell I've been in Korea too long. First thing I saw was, "Hey, he's wearing his shoes in the house!"

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I ended up going for the desantis intruder.
    View attachment 58056

View attachment 58057

View attachment 58058
    It didn't have the retention I wanted from the factory, so I heated the trigger guard area with a hair dryer and pushed in a bit to tighten it up. It's nice and secure now. I don't see it ever pulling out with the gun on a draw. The clips are actually pretty damned tough to unhook from my belt when I'm actively TRYING to take it off...it won't accidentally slip off of my belt somehow. The kydex molding is more crisp than on my crossbreed snapslide, but both are very good quality. The main reason I went with the desantis intruder over the competition was because of the crazy cheap price i found here...

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/pr...W-M&P-9{47}40-Leather{47}Kydex-105KAM9Z0.html

I'm pretty happy with it. Although the other options in this thread are also very nice.
    Midway has it cheap too.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/79...-9mm-luger-40-s-and-w-kydex-and-leather-black

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom