• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAGGUY

Nov 4, 2009
    Peoples Republik
    Hello. When I saw the P-64 go C&R I knew I needed to add one to the collection. I have always had good luck with SOG so I ordered one last week. I usually call Kelly @ SOG but the phone lines there were clogged for 2 days so I ordered online this time. I decided not to pay for the hand pick this time and go with luck of the draw.
    Boy did I luck out! This pistol is unfired. No marks on the feed ramp nor anywhere else. One of the magazines matched the serial # and the follower had never seen a shell. The second mag wasn't matching and had a faint mark, maybe loaded once - never fired? It is a 1970 with an A stamp on the frame.
    Also very little cosmolene to clean out.
    Also the holster is new, never had a pistol in it
    Hoping to go tomorrow and run 100 rounds through it.

Here are a couple of pics, including one with some of it's cousins.......

P64LT.jpg

P64RTOPEN.jpg

P64HOL1.jpg

GROUP4L.jpg

-greg

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    That Sauer 38H is a very interesting and historically significant pistol. I've been reading up on it. It not only introduced the original decocking lever, still used on (SIG) Sauers today, but that lever will also recock the hammer after it's been decocked. That is a very fine and innovative pistol.

If you're tired of it, I'll swap you my P64 with three magazines for it, so long as you toss in the holster.

Handgun of the Fallschirmjäger
    Sauer's revolutionary 38(H)
    By Peter G. Kokalis

It may have been the single most innovative semiautomatic pistol ever designed. Some of its incredible features, and one in particular, were never seen before or since...
    http://www.handgunsmag.com/featured_handguns/sauer38_082306/

JAGGUY

Nov 4, 2009
    Peoples Republik
    Yes, that Sauer is a very interesting pistola. I always wondered why no other was designed with that cock/decock lever. It works well and is very handy.

"If you're tired of it, I'll swap you my P64 with three magazines for it, so long as you toss in the holster."

Sorry, don't think I will ever let that one go, it's been in the family for 65 years, although not nearly as long as this one my grandfather
    brought home after the first war to end all wars.
    LUGAR-30L.jpg

But then again, this one has been in the family even longer....
    MH001.jpg

( I have a lot more old stuff to choose from....)
    -greg

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    A very nice collection! However, the presence of the "Germany" stamp on the luger and the lack of military characteristics almost certainly guarantees it was a German commercial export product during the interwar years and not a bring back.

ForEnglandJames

Nov 3, 2016
    Reisterstown
    Get a C&R license of your own, and have it delivered to your door.

I actually have a C&R and was plannng of doing just that.

The problem is, C&R does not trump local laws so it is my understanding that it would be a crime to purchase or receive a handgun not on that idiot roster. Am I wrong?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Does anyone know if this is on the Maryland handgun roster? I would like to get a Radom P64 but when I checked, I didn't see it on the roster.

I actually have a C&R and was plannng of doing just that.

The problem is, C&R does not trump local laws so it is my understanding that it would be a crime to purchase or receive a handgun not on that idiot roster. Am I wrong?

Go for it!

P.S. I love my P-64. I swapped in Polish Iron grips and a Wolff 20# recoil spring. Nice and comfy now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom